control plate for sc-1 question

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 pm

hi, this is my first time posting and im pleased to join the community. i want to know the dimensions for the control plate to a sc-1. i know they are pretty rare and not many people have or would be willing to part with one, i've been looking on ebay and craigslist for a few weeks. does anyone know the specs or have a pdf of the actual plate handy? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
edited per gbl rules
Last edited by arablue on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: control plate for sc-1

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm

arablue wrote:hi, this is my first time posting and im pleased to join the community. im looking for a control plate to a sc-1. i know they are pretty rare and not many people have or would be willing to part with one, i've been looking on ebay and craigslist for a few weeks. i'd settle for a template or etching if someone with one of these plates would be willing to make such a thing. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Welcome :greet:

It's not surprising that you have not found one yet. They are a rare item for sure. We do have a policy of not allowing wanted or for sale posts here on the G&LDP.
However, I will leave your post here if you will register your SC-1 and post a Wanted Ad in the Marketplace. Please do review the
guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines.

There are a couple of sources you might try, which are listed in the Links page:

Tone-Guard and ESI.

Perhaps others here know of other resources for you to try and they will come forward with this information for all.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Re: control plate for sc-1

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 am

sorry to run counter to the spirit of the page, i thought i read the FAQ/rules section more thoroughly than i did. i will register my guitar asap and fix my original post. thanks craig

Re: control plate for sc-1 question

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 am

The SC 1 shares the same control plate as the SB 1 bass. One will turn up...just give it time! :zzz: