Pickguard for 1988 sicklehead skyhawk

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 pm

I have just bought a 1988 skyhawk sicklehead-black body and head, duel fulcrum tremelo, white pickguard with maple maple/rosewood neck -. Looks stunning and has never really been played so in excellent condition except for one minor unusual point. The original protective plastic film with and stickers was left on the pickguard for the first 12 years but then removed. You can just make out where the stickers have been as the rest of the pickguard and ceramic white pickups have uv faded slightly. I have contacted chandlers the people who supply G&L but were unable to identify an exact match. The closest pattern they have is a skyhawk with Kahler tremelo. What I need to know is if the duel fulcrum and kahler tremelo units are similar in terms of how the pickguard fits around them. What I really would like to know is how to let Chandler know would is the correct pickguard shape for the guitar. Appreciate any help. Also understand if anyone thinks i'm worrying too much about the looks instead just playing.

Re: Pickguard for 1988 sicklehead skyhawk

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Graeme wrote:I have just bought a 1988 skyhawk sicklehead-black body and head, duel fulcrum tremelo, white pickguard with maple maple/rosewood neck -. Looks stunning and has never really been played so in excellent condition except for one minor unusual point. The original protective plastic film with and stickers was left on the pickguard for the first 12 years but then removed. You can just make out where the stickers have been as the rest of the pickguard and ceramic white pickups have uv faded slightly. I have contacted chandlers the people who supply G&L but were unable to identify an exact match. The closest pattern they have is a skyhawk with Kahler tremelo. What I need to know is if the duel fulcrum and kahler tremelo units are similar in terms of how the pickguard fits around them. What I really would like to know is how to let Chandler know would is the correct pickguard shape for the guitar. Appreciate any help. Also understand if anyone thinks i'm worrying too much about the looks instead just playing.

They usually will accept a tracing of a pickguard to copy and in some instances require one.
Did you tell them you have the original? You might contact them again and let them know
this and that you could submit a tracing of it.

Hope this helps.