How much is a '91 ASAT Classic worth?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Good evening fellow guitarist!

I'm a nubbie here and I ran across a used '91 ASAT Classic with the following Serial Number G048189. It has the Sperzel tuners, which I like after dealing with Vintage on my MIM Strat. They are asking $649.00. Plays great and I'm thinking I could talk them down to $550 maybe even $500. Hardshell case included and it says Guitars by Leo on the headstock.

It would be my first G&L and I'd rather not go top shelf with a new USA Semi Hollow BLuesboy right now.$$$$

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. No major nicks or blems and it's like a gray stained color. The chrome shows it's age a little. Whatever you can tell me about this guitar would be great.

Is this a good buy for my first G & L or should I go for a floor demo Tribute Blues Boy for around the same price? :shocked028:

Appreciate it...Goldrush

Re: How much is a '91 ASAT Classic worth?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I would say for 550, or 500 it is a steal. Even 650 is fair from what I have seen used go for.

I would get the USA 91 over the tribute. But whatever you feel is more comfortable I guess is the best choice.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

According to the serial number, the guitar is most likely a 1996 model. That would make it a BBE era guitar. Still, great guitars. Should have a three bolt neck plate on it also. If you can get it for 550 I'd say by all means go for the USA model.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Definitely get the USA model. They're total bargains when you get them used. It wont ever break. You'd be better off saving for a US Bluesboy than taking the shortcut and buyting that tribute model. Be warned - G&L guitars are addictive!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Thank you all. I haven't seen the original paperwork but felt that it might have been a '96 by the serial number check I had done in the registry.

I'll let you know what I decide and do appreciate your help..GoldRush :thumbup:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:51 pm

I have a Tribute ASAT, it's a great guitar , if I could find a USA model for that price I'd jump on it.