In contention for Deal of the Year.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:32 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220665726910

I had a snipe in, just in case but was an underbidder. Someone got a killer deal. OHSC, original skinny vibrato arm, etc. Sweet, for under $500 shipped!! What's the world coming to? I thought about upping my bid but I need another guitar like I need another funny bone. But wow! I hope that it was scored by someone here.

Re: In contention for Deal of the Year.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 pm

What a sweet looking 'hawk. Black and maple. Ow, what a low price. Deal is right. Good times if you have dough. I hear prosperity is just around the corner. ;)

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I was watching that one, gassing while waiting for my ASAT. . . I am sure that would have gone over well with the wife :D

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:50 pm

saw that one and was tempted to play, but it just doesn't look like an ASAT .... someone did well.

Cheers to the winner.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:02 pm

What a deal,

Here's a cool Skyhawk that is sort of an evil twin,
http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-USA-G-L-SkyHawk-Guitar-Special-Order-EXC-/350392760611?pt=Guitar&hash=item5195093923

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:59 am

I was one of the bidders on the Skyhawk. It's a good deal, but I can beat it. Last week I bought an '84 Superhawk with a brand new G&G tweed hardshell case for $202.50! I also scored an '85 Rampage with OHSC for $325.00 this year. Good deals are still out there on Leo era instruments.

Sprinter 92

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks guys! I am new here but hope to become part of the family, so I hope that counts for something.

(Yes that means I am confessing to being the high bidder.)

I really didn't expect to win the auction, and certainly not at this price. My apologies to anyone who bid also.

I've wanted a Nighthawk for years, but have never been able to afford one when I found one.

I know this is a Skyhawk, but with the Jan5.84/Jul22.83 serial number, this could have been Nighthawk #270. LOL

I'll post pics when it arrives. I am as excited as a kid waiting for Christmas!

:banana:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Wow Sprinter!
Sounds like you got two super deals!

The neck on the Superhawk is probably worth that alone!

I hope to get a two pup Superhawk with a Kahler someday. I can only dream about getting one at that price.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:37 am

I received the Skyhawk!

Wow! It is simply amazing. If you check out the pictures closely, you can see wear on the fretboard. Now I know why. I usually don't go for hyperbole, but this guitar is definitely something special.

Lightweight (7.5 lbs), so I'm guessing it's alder, resonant like you wouldn't believe, with a round, punchy tone. I feel like Nigel, "listen to the sustain". "But you're not playing anything." "It's there, though, if you listen to it."

I apologize, but I do feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

:luv:
Last edited by ant_riv on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:55 pm

ant_riv:
Congratulations on the Skyhawk; it looks like a real nice keeper of a guitar. Black w/maple board and black headstock is about as dressed up as they get. That case looked like it was worth almost 1/2 of what you paid for whole package. Excellent all around. Enjoy.
MrR

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:14 am

Wow, another nice deal for someone. I considered bidding, but figured that I have my '86 ASAT PMB(Poor Man's Broadcaster), and am comfortable with it, so I passed. I saw the two as being similar. Maybe I'm wrong about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140451302273&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks MrR.
It definitely is a keeper. Thank you for the encouragement.

Yeah that SC-2 was another great deal for someone (not me, no money left).

I haven't played an ASAT, so I don't know how it compares to an SC. Played a few SCs back in the day and thought they were great intermediate-level guitars, which they were back then. Don't know what one would be like to play today.

There are some great deals out there now for anyone with cash, and a little patience.