Arm for 80s Dual Fulcrum bridge

Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am

Hey there,
Please forgive me as I assume this has been asked before, but I did not find it.
I am looking into an F 100 from the 80s, but it is missing the arm. I have what I believe is a 1985 Skyhawk with the DF bridge as well as the arm. Can anyone tell me if the arm would fit the F 100 based on the year. I would just go and try it out but the guitar is in another state.
Thanks for any and all help.

Re: Arm for 80s Dual Fulcrum bridge

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 pm

shepherd wrote:Hey there,
Please forgive me as I assume this has been asked before, but I did not find it.
I am looking into an F 100 from the 80s, but it is missing the arm. I have what I believe is a 1985 Skyhawk with the DF bridge as well as the arm. Can anyone tell me if the arm would fit the F 100 based on the year. I would just go and try it out but the guitar is in another state.
Thanks for any and all help.

Checkout the G&L On-Line Store for the trem bars they sell which would fit your F-100 depending upon which year it was build in.
Here are the links to check out (each link opens in a new tab):
Vibrato Arm1
Vibrato Arm2

Hope this helps.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:30 pm

Thanks Craig!
I will check out the links

So the Skyhawk arm probably would not work?
Andy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:50 am

shepherd wrote:Thanks Craig!
I will check out the links

So the Skyhawk arm probably would not work?
Andy

It depends upon the build year of the F-100 and Skyhawk, whether or not they are compatible.

Per the G&L On-Line Store page for the Vibrato Arm - G&L Dual Fulcrum (Early):
If you have an early- to mid-1980s G&L model such as SC-3 or F-100 which uses a screw-in vibrato arm, our recommendation is to use a vibrato arm for a USA Fender Stratocaster equipped with the vintage style vibrato. Screw-in Fender Stratocaster vibrato arms are available from many retailers such as Stewart-MacDonald or Allparts. Note that the early G&L vibratos using screw-in arms had black plastic tips. Often retailers will sell replacement arms with white tips but will sell different color arm tips separately.