1988 SC-3 - Bridge Help Needed

Fri May 27, 2022 2:47 am

Hi everyone, and thanks for letting me join the forum. Recently bought a 1988 sc-3 to go with my black/silver swirl ASAT - lovely guitar and lovely player (could someone possibly tell me how to do embedded photos plz?), but the vibrato arm housing is missing the nylon insert. Is there something I can use to replace the insert - nylon washer for example? Or is this the part I need?

https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/ ... arm-socket

Any help would be greatly appreciated - resolving the issue is proving to be more difficult than I initially anticipated.

Here's a link to the bridge photo - embedding the image is a little beyond me currently. Sorry!

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... =xb3778500

Cheers!

Mark

Re: 1988 SC-3 - Bridge Help Needed

Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 am

If you are just looking for the small nylon cylinder, look at the G&L store section for bridges and get the hex screws for the DFV/Saddle Lock Bridge of the correct year. The screws come with the white nylon cylinders. If it is something else, perhaps contact G&L directly.

Sat May 28, 2022 9:26 am

Tooslowhand wrote:If you are just looking for the small nylon cylinder, look at the G&L store section for bridges and get the hex screws for the DFV/Saddle Lock Bridge of the correct year. The screws come with the white nylon cylinders. If it is something else, perhaps contact G&L directly.

Here is the link in the G&L On-Line Store:
tension-screw-set

The nylon bushings are included.

An alternative is to check your local hardware store and see if they have nylon rods the size of the hole, which you can cut to make bushings.

Hope this helps.

Sat May 28, 2022 9:32 am

Thanks so much everyone! Didn't realise it'd be this simple to be honest. I was trying to go through a UK dealership, but things were slow to say the least. Will get some pics of my 2 G&Ls up soon. The SC-3, I feel, was a great buy - lovely guitar to play, with a real vintage vibe neck.

Mon May 30, 2022 10:29 am

Let us know how you get on, Eddie.

Not many of the old G&Ls around in the UK, I always keep an eye out but they seem very thin on the ground. Was yours from a dealer or a private sale?