Double Date Stamp

Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:41 pm

1988 SC3, two date stamps on the neck, no date stamp on the body. Odd? My search seems to indicate no body stamp isn’t that unusual but I can’t seem to find anything regarding two neck stamps.

Re: Double Date Stamp

Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:54 pm

welcome, four!
i've had two different dates on the body pocket ('84 skyhawk with nov and dec '83 body dates), or unable to read due to smudged body date.
I've found neck heel dates were usually more readable sometimes than body dates.
In Leo era G&L's I've never had a missing body date (or neck date), but I've only looked at 5 myself.
I have one BBE era G&L that's missing a body date.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Welcome Four!

I have an Interceptor with two neck dates and was advised this noted a neck adjustment. See my Interceptor NGD post. One possibility for yours

Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:04 pm

The stamps, or lack of, on the SC3 look very much like your Interceptor. Two dates on the neck, big “4” in red marker in the body pocket along with a green mark I can’t read. I’ll post a pic asap.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:31 am

To find 2 date stamps is certainly not uncommon. Going through my collection, I find about 8% of the instruments have double neck dates (either double stamp or a second written date).

- Jos