Lets see those road warriors! (1980-1991)

Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm

I thought it would be cool to share pics of road worn G&L's. Honest play wear preferred but relics welcome! Lets see those road warriors and bedroom beaters!
Last edited by Craig on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Admin move this post to this sub-forum and copied it to the G&L products (1992 to present) sub-forum

Re: Lets see those road warriors! (1980-1991)

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:55 am

It was overcast yesterday and I haven't taken a day off in some time so rather than post the same pics I posted before I made a quick little video.
My Asat was my "number one" when I was young and in a band and it has plenty of natural wear- it was also kind of abused so it has lots of dents and dings too.
Video was a rush job but....here it is.
Cheers, Eric
phpBB [video]

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 am

Eric, wonderful to see an ASAT with dual-fulcrum, sounds great too!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:06 am

mutts wrote:It was overcast yesterday and I haven't taken a day off in some time so rather than post the same pics I posted before I made a quick little video.
My Asat was my "number one" when I was young and in a band and it has plenty of natural wear- it was also kind of abused so it has lots of dents and dings too.
Video was a rush job but....here it is.
Cheers, Eric
phpBB [video]

That is awesome, Eric! Looooove the natural wear! I remember the days when I owned 1 or 2 guitars and played the hell out of them. You basically bought new or something from the local paper. I never imagined buying something without playing it first. Since the internet I'm as guilty as most and have succumbed to the spoils of buying/selling countless guitars, never relying on just one for too long. Mine are in a state of constant rotation.

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Kit wrote:Eric, wonderful to see an ASAT with dual-fulcrum, sounds great too!

Thanks, Kit. I appreciate that.

Arpeggio wrote:That is awesome, Eric! Looooove the natural wear! I remember the days when I owned 1 or 2 guitars and played the hell out of them. You basically bought new or something from the local paper. I never imagined buying something without playing it first. Since the internet I'm as guilty as most and have succumbed to the spoils of buying/selling countless guitars, never relying on just one for too long. Mine are in a state of constant rotation.

Sometimes when I play my newer guitars I get a little bummed that they will probably never see enough use to develop natural wear (except for maybe fret wear)- now that I'm in my fifties and not in a band.
Maybe that's a good reason to get a nitro G&L; they do seem to show age faster.