My Comanche, first time seeing the light of day in 10 years

Tue May 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi crew

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum (under a different user) I just went rooting in my attic and pulled out my old Comanche that hasn't seen the light of day for nearly 10 years.

Not quite sure what to do with it seeing as I don't play much anymore.

Anyone out there know how much these go for?

I might just hang it on a wall somewhere in the house it's so pretty.

Re: My Comanche, first time seeing the light of day in 10 ye

Wed May 12, 2021 2:19 pm

By far one of the coolest G&L era Fender guitars. Yours is extra nice being in natural.

Wed May 12, 2021 2:59 pm

I'm not an expert, but that looks like an original Invader body style Comanche Studio with all the cool switching options. I would think it is pretty rare and that some on this board would be interested in it.

Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Nice to see your Comanche VI again! I remember when you posted before.

Like others said, not many in this "longhorn" body style, and the natural finish and crinkle pickguard add to the rarity.

I've seen Comanche VIs go for 1400 to 1800 in the past year or so; 1400 is too low. 1800 or thereabouts seems a sweet spot; yours possibly could fetch more for its unique attributes?

Thu May 13, 2021 3:55 am

I imagine those prices (1400 -1800) are in the ball park. They are worth more for several reasons. Sad.

Sun May 16, 2021 11:35 am

Well, just today, a longhorn Comanche VI is posted on Reverb for 2400. Watch it to see what happens.
(It has two flag stickers and a tuner adhered to the top. :( )

BTW, one book value retail price for a mint condition VI has been at 1800 for 10 years now. There's not much difference in the prices for EXC+ and EXC condition, which have been similarly stable.