Trade question

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 am

Someone offered to trade his modified PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate pick ups plus $200 for my 87 SC3 with well done upgrades.As per previous posts my guitar has humbucker in the bridge position with 2 added micro switches.I’m leaning towards keeping my guitar but the offer is very tempting.I know my guitar’s value is hurt by the upgrades but it is a vintage limited production guitar made in America by Leo Fender.His guitar is massed produced in Korea with alot in the used market.I kind of know my answer but would appreciate any opinions.

Re: Trade question

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:04 am

GuitarPicker67 wrote:Someone offered to trade his modified PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate pick ups plus $200 for my 87 SC3 with well done upgrades.As per previous posts my guitar has humbucker in the bridge position with 2 added micro switches.I’m leaning towards keeping my guitar but the offer is very tempting.I know my guitar’s value is hurt by the upgrades but it is a vintage limited production guitar made in America by Leo Fender.His guitar is massed produced in Korea with alot in the used market.I kind of know my answer but would appreciate any opinions.

Short answers: If you like that SC-3, keep yours.

- Jos