'84 Skyhawk Tremolo Assembly

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:18 am

Hi!

I've got an '84 Skyhawk I'd like to set up with a tremolo arm. Looking into the hole, it appears to me that perhaps the nylon piece is in there but no set screw. Is there a trustworthy source where one can purchase parts? I see that the G&L website has arms and screws but I don't know if those are correct. And the arms don't have the black plastic knob end like the originals did.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: '84 Skyhawk Tremolo Assembly

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 am

El Fug wrote:Hi!

I've got an '84 Skyhawk I'd like to set up with a tremolo arm. Looking into the hole, it appears to me that perhaps the nylon piece is in there but no set screw. Is there a trustworthy source where one can purchase parts? I see that the G&L website has arms and screws but I don't know if those are correct. And the arms don't have the black plastic knob end like the originals did.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Here is the link for the correct tremolo arm for your Skyhawk in the G&L On-Line Store:
Vibrato Arm - CLF Research 3/16” for G&L Dual Fulcrum

Here is the link for the 3/16" Arm Socket (includes the set screw and nylon bushing):
Bridge Part - CLF Research 3/16” Arm Socket for G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato.

Here is the link for the set screw and nylon bushing in a pack of 6 each:
Trem Arm/Saddle Lock Bridge Tension Screw Set. Make sure to order the pre-2005 set.

Hope this helps.

Re: '84 Skyhawk Tremolo Assembly

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

Wonderful. Thanks, Craig!