Early (Mustang Style) SC-3 Bridge Pickup Replacement?

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:56 am

Hi All,

I have the opportunity to grab an early SC-3. Its got the Mustang style body, so from what I understand, this is an earlier model.

Anyway, I always install a humbucker in the bridge of any single coil guitar that I get. I just prefer one in the bridge position. Can anyone tell me if something like a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails for Strat (or anything similar that are made for Strats) would fit in this SC-3? I haven't put my hands on the guitar yet, so I don't even know if it's worth it. However, if I cant put one of these style humbuckers in there, I may not even bother checking it out. I don't have the ability to route for anything that wont be a direct fit, so hoping someone can help me out here.

Thank you in advance :)

Re: Early (Mustang Style) SC-3 Bridge Pickup Replacement?

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:39 am

I don't know what will work, but my strong suggestion would be to do nothing that isn't completely reversible. Those old SC-3s are very nice and well respected guitars. They are increasing in value.

Re: Early (Mustang Style) SC-3 Bridge Pickup Replacement?

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:15 pm

^^^ what Tooslowhand said. Relatively uncommon guitar. It's cool to see originals without too much modification. If you do replace the bridge with something like a hot rails, keep the original pickup. it will be much easier to sell later.