3 bolt neck dated 2007?!

Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm

I've been looking off and on for a replacement 3-bolt ASAT [Special] neck. Are my eyes tricking me, or is this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-2007-USA-M ... 2769748492

Re: 3 bolt neck dated 2007?!

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:03 pm

So I'm kind of answering my own question here but, it turns out the original guitar is in the registry and this is a factory 3 bolt replacement neck made for a 1993 ASAT. It is very close to exactly what I'm looking for. The fact that it is off the guitar it was made for is what is weird. Also weird that the seller, who has awful feedback, doesn't recognize that it's a three bolt neck dated 12 years after G&L stopped making 3 bolt necks.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:04 am

Looks like he parts out perfectly good guitars. I hate that. He says he got the serial number from the neck plate. Someone else must have bought it since he doesn't seem to have it listed. He's got a '96 ASAT body--is that the one that the neck came off of? It looks like you could get the whole guitar in parts for about $600. I don't understand how he makes a profit that way.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:11 pm

This guy has been cannibalizing guitars for a while now. I have seen guitars get sold on Ebay and then popping up a few days later as parts from this guy. I guess if you can get top dollar for all the parts you might be able to make a prophet from selling this way but I wouldn't deal with the hassle of it nor the possibility that you might not make your money back. But, he's been at it for a while.

Tom

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Fortunately my new fantastic tech was able to straighten the original neck, which is 30 years old this year. The ASAT rides again!

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Submersible wrote:Fortunately my new fantastic tech was able to straighten the original neck, which is 30 years old this year. The ASAT rides again!

Good news. :happy0065: :banana: