Some more great guitars from y2kc's collection...

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:56 am

Please post as many of these as you want. We have more than our share of vintage/mint G&L's.
Included are photos of the an Asat III, SC-2, Nighthawk,S-500 and a George Fullerton signed SC-3
I hope they generate some discussion and people enjoy the photos.

Thanks again,

Casey

Thanks to Casey for sharing his amazing collection. I will add any new photos he sends me to this thread.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Re: Some more great guitars from y2kc's collection...

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Some beauties there! I especially admire the SC-2. Can't wait to see more.
Cheers, Dan

Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:28 am

Hey Mr. Postman,

Craig
I sent some more pictures , did you get them?

It is cold and snowy here and I thought these guitars would give people a reason not to shovel.

Let me know

y2kc

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:08 am

Any chance a SC-3 deluxe photo? Really curious what the true difference between a standard and deluxe SC-3 (beside the fell known on three washers on the side jack plate :crazy: )

Just got done cleaning the driveway and could use some sweet guitar pics to brighten my day!

Cheers, Dan

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:57 am

Are the rest of your guitars this pristine? Beautiful ! I look forward to seeing more .

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:17 pm

Here's some more of Casey's G&L collection:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Cavalier really looks amazing with no pickguard :)

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 am

That red Cavalier is the lightest G&L I have while the lefty there is not a lightweight. It is average.
I do not remember the details of that purchase (Red) due to being very old but do remember a car ride, a music store and the price. The hand written bill of sale in the case
backed up my memory.
The Red Cavalier is a gem. The Blue lefty came from Rick about 20 years ago? -who is a lefty and big G&L fan. Thanks Rick.

The Yellow sc-3 came from the founder of this web site, Brad, many moons ago. That guitar soaks up the sun during the day and lights our home at night. Leo's alternative energy.
Today I woke up to a temp of 3 degrees and it is going down. It is time to play some blues on a yellow guitar.

y2kc

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:21 am

True, all my G&Ls are not light guitars - I think mahogany/maple bodies on mine don’t lend themselves to that, and I have no problem with them feeling a bit ‘solid.’ It’s 77 today in SoCal, glad you have your own ray of yellow California sunshine :D

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:22 am

I love that natural S-500! Is that a maple body? Gorgeous!

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Yes that is a maple body and the guitar is like new. Brothers from Michigan, Rick & Jim sold me that guitar many years ago. They brought it to a Chicago guitars show, accepted a $50.00 bill from me as a down payment and let me take it home. That is how business is done between friends. Thanks guys.

The maple version of this guitar is "far and few between" as my Mom would say. Great color, comfortable weight and balance.

y2kc

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Wow on that one. Just wow.

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:40 pm

As you all know...I just love the yellow guitars and will perhaps one day order a custom V-12 in this color.

These are three of only five or six known guitars with these options. Together they can cut diamonds!

Image Image

Tom

Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:58 am

Those are so nice!

Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:31 am

A yellow V12 would work really well with the V12 hardware. I look forward to it. I also look forward to so more guitar pics y2kc, Dig em out !