SC-3 pickguard

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:35 pm

Was wondering if anyone had a tracing or some form of template that I could use to make the pickguard and neck plate for a '90 SC-3. I checked everywhere that I thought one might be here, but came up empty handed. My project guitar didn't come with much in the way of parts (only neck and body currently, and I'll be picking up the electronics minus the pots on friday) so I'm hoping to be able to make the parts that I can. Next week I'll have access to a water jet through work, and if I can get specs or a scaled pic of the neck plate, I can get one (or maybe even a couple more) cut. The pickguard I think I'll just buy a blank for and cut it by hand.

I'm sorry (not sorry) that I've been blasting the forums recently with posts from this new guy, but you guys have pretty much all the information to be had about these guitars, and the rest of the internet knows nothing comparatively.

Thanks in advance!

Re: SC-3 pickguard

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:45 am

Ifmacdo wrote:Was wondering if anyone had a tracing or some form of template that I could use to make the pickguard and neck plate for a '90 SC-3. I checked everywhere that I thought one might be here, but came up empty handed. My project guitar didn't come with much in the way of parts (only neck and body currently, and I'll be picking up the electronics minus the pots on friday) so I'm hoping to be able to make the parts that I can. Next week I'll have access to a water jet through work, and if I can get specs or a scaled pic of the neck plate, I can get one (or maybe even a couple more) cut. The pickguard I think I'll just buy a blank for and cut it by hand.

I'm sorry (not sorry) that I've been blasting the forums recently with posts from this new guy, but you guys have pretty much all the information to be had about these guitars, and the rest of the internet knows nothing comparatively.

Thanks in advance!

You might try contacting G&L Repair/Tech Support. email address is repairs@glguitars.com; phone number is (714)897-6766 extension 156.

Hope this helps.