Musikraft neck has arrived

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Nice chunky maple neck with a "Brazilian Walnut" fingerboard; reclaimed, antique Coney Island Boardwalk lumber. Specs are 1 11/16" width at nut, Chunky U shape, 9.5 radius, 6105 nickel frets. Came with a "generic" headstock shape which I worked into a very close approximation of a Legacy shape in about 30 minutes with a belt sander and hand sanding with various radii tubes wrapped with 120 grit sandpaper. So I'm looking at putting a Legacy/S-500 neck on an ASAT, which might not look right. Other option is to round off the treble-side wing near the nut but don't have a tracing of that, just what I took off my S-500. Remembering how long it took to spray my last project with nitro and all that sanding, I'm thinking of going with 3 or more coats of Truoil, masking off the fingerboard. This is my second Musikraft neck and the quality is once again outstanding. $197 + shipping is amazing to me, cheaper than a fret job. If you aren't liking your #1 G&L neck you have this option available. I'll post pics when this guitar goes together. Headstock shape opinions more than welcome. Still not sure...

Re: Musikraft neck has arrived

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:05 am

:thumbup: waiting for the pics !

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:13 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Blurry photos but best i could do with the phone. Hopefully the head stock isn't too controversial.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:53 am

Last part on the way, a 3-bolt neck plate from right around '91. Black crinkle with gold sticker and serial number off Reverb.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Have to say the Musikraft neck - figured maple with "Brazilian Walnut" fretboard - is fantastic. Dead straight, frets perfect without leveling, and it feels great. Very solid. If you need to replace a G&L neck due to warpage, and can reshape the generic head stock yourself, go for it.