VINTAGE G&L'er

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 am

Played G&L since 1980 F-100s S-500s ASATs and an 89 COMANCHE VI Only have one left. The only one I ever bought used. It's on the registry as belonging to
G L LOVER. I believe this I who I bought it from. Love Love Love this guitar. A bit of rust on the saddles though. I like my bridges to be clean. Bought a replacement bridge from BBE as the have changed things. Much like Fender did, after the CBS takeover. One thing that had changed is the string spacing. DEAL BREAKER Which may be why I don't care for the feel of the newer guitars.. I used to buy from the factory in Fullerton. When I would buy new I would also pick up an extra set of saddles, and swap them out two at a time. As the top two became tarnished I would move the bottom 4 up, and install two new ones on the B and E strings.
This would keep guitar looking NEW for a long time. If anyone knows where I might get some NOS saddle loc saddles I would like to pick some up.
P.S.
If G L Lover reads this. Guitar is in same shape as when you sold it. Kept Intonated, Tuned and in case when not in use. Gets to play through AC30 JTM 45 JMP2204. When I figure out how to post a picture I'll let you see her.

Re: VINTAGE G&L'er

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:46 pm

For posting photos, see the Tutorial on posting photos link in this post (Forum rules): Welcome! Read This First.

Looking forward to seeing your G&L guitar and don't forget to edit the G&L Registry entry to change it to your ownership.

Hope this helps.