Cool guitar on Reverb

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:49 am

A very rare Skyhawk with a saddle lock bridge has made its way to Reverb. Don't see those everyday.

y2kc

Re: Cool guitar on Reverb

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Pity it’s got the modification drill holes .

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:02 am

What am I missing?

y2kc

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:08 am

I am curious too. Which one are you referring too? Don't see any with holes.

Tom

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:24 am

It looks like there is one pickguard screw missing by the bridge where there is a hole. Is that the hole you are referring to?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 am

It looks unmolested to me. It looks like it needs to be played.

y2kc

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am

It's not mint enough I'd be afraid to play it - just enough dings etc. :) Funny how they did modify the pickguard to be different from the DFV guard, but only by rounding off the sharp parts rather than having the pickguard extend to the bridge.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm still not seeing "modification drill holes". There is the missing screw above the bridge and it is a bit of an odd thing someone did with the pick guard but I don't readily have another one with a saddle lock bridge to compare it to. Anyone have a Skyhawk like this with some pics to compare? It actually looks like the same pick guard used on Skyhawks with the Leo Fine Tuner bridge with the squared off bridge plate. Check Out GG's site for a pic of just such a guitar.

Tom

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am

Was it the white one? If so, I bought it. Seems unmodified to me. I had the bridge off to re-spring it and clean things up and there are no holes or routes for any other bridge type.

https://reverb.com/item/20716252-g-l-skyhawk-1987-faded-white?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:19 am

That is a great looking guitar. I have only seen two other hardtail Skyhawks. One was a lefty. One here and the other in Europe.
Seriously that is a nice find, play it loud and proud.

Y2kc