Control Plate for 3-bolt ASAT

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm

3-bolt ASAT control plate source? Standard Tele plate or new ASAT plate too short. This is the last part to complete my '91 body project...

Re: Control Plate for 3-bolt ASAT

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 pm

anteriorl5 wrote:3-bolt ASAT control plate source? Standard Tele plate or new ASAT plate too short. This is the last part to complete my '91 body project...

Try G&L Customer Support: (Repairs/Tech Support): G&L PRODUCT SUPPORT.

Also, check out G&L authentic reproduction parts from ESI. ESI specializes in the authentic reproduction of
difficult or impossible to locate parts for G&L brand guitars and basses produced between the years of 1980 and 1991.

And, you might post a Want Ad in our GbL Marketplace, see: New GbL Marketplace Guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 pm

ESI apparently not making control plates now. A couple of emails sent past 3 weeks not returned. So, heading down to the basement to make my own. Cutting the little slit for the switch will be challenging but I'm using a sheet of heavy copper so at least steel tools will cut through easily.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:58 am

anteriorl5 wrote:ESI apparently not making control plates now. A couple of emails sent past 3 weeks not returned. So, heading down to the basement to make my own. Cutting the little slit for the switch will be challenging but I'm using a sheet of heavy copper so at least steel tools will cut through easily.

The control plate measurements on my 1992 ASAT Commemorative, 1996 John Jorgenson Signature ASAT, and my 1999 ASAT Z-3 SH are: 1.26" W x 6 1/4" L.

My 2016 Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Alnico LE and my 2016 ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90 measurements are: 1.34" W x 6 1/4" L.

Hope this helps.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 am

That's helpful info. The plate I've made is 1.26 wide and fits the PG perfectly. The Tributes will not fit as is, but way easier to grind off 5/100ths in width and end radius than go to the trouble of making one from scratch. Maybe I'll find a USA plate during the finishing process. If not, the copper plate will get used.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 pm

RockRabbit has the old, longer ASAT control plate as a custom order. Made from aluminum. Waiting for a price.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm

22.95 shipped. Aluminum with angled switch slot.