Comanche VI Switches

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 am

Quick question: Did all 1991 Comanche VI's come with the expander switch as well as the six pickup selector switches?

Tom

Re: Comanche VI Switches

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 am

With the six switches for the pickups, wouldn't an expander switch be redundant?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am

It does not look like it to me based on these pics, unless one of the volume / tone knobs has the secret expander push pull

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:08 pm

FZTNT wrote:Quick question: Did all 1991 Comanche VI's come with the expander switch as well as the six pickup selector switches?

Tom

No.

- Jos

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
FZTNT wrote:Quick question: Did all 1991 Comanche VI's come with the expander switch as well as the six pickup selector switches?

Tom

No.

- Jos

OK, I was looking at the Comanche VI on Greg Gagliano's site and it has an expander switch. So what would this switch do considering the other six switches will give you any combination possible?

Tom

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm

FZTNT wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:

Tom

No.

- Jos

OK, I was looking at the Comanche VI on Greg Gagliano's site and it has an expander switch. So what would this switch do considering the other six switches will give you any combination possible?

Tom

Greg’s control descriptions are not accurate for the two Comanche VI on His site.
For the correct information see: http://web.archive.org/web/20170812080524/http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/customcreations/Comanche_Studio_6/index.asp

Hope this helps.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:41 pm

The picture of the guitar on Greg's site does not show an additional switch. As Craig said, he probably just made a mistake with the written description.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:42 pm

The Comanche V has an expander switch (as seen on Greg's site). Indeed looks like a copy-paste error. Note the Comanche VI also only has a a single master tone control, not bass and treble as stated on Greg's website. And for a proper period correct description of the wiring harness I would consult this page.

Happens to the best ;-)

- Jos

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Also, here is the link to the Comanche VI and Custom Creations Comanche Studio VI factory wiring diagram locacted in our Gallery:
Album: Wiring diagram for the Comanche VI and Comanche Studio VI

Hope this helps.