F100 bridge repair

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 am

Hi.
I'm from Italy and my F100 II series (tremolo bridge) has a very very weared string seats (don't know exactly the name in english). I'm searching through the italian distributor if they exist as spare part kit but till today didn't get clear answers.

Do anyone knows if the spare parts kit exists or knows a good US shop where to find them?

Thanks a lot guys my F100 breaks strings eveyday 'cos of this!!

Enrico

Re: F100 bridge repair

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am

Hi Enrico,
I've noticed the older F-100 saddles aren't the same dimensions as saddles G&L is using these days. The newer ones are a little wider so that will change the string spacing.

Maybe you could fix the ones you have with some careful file work (removing burrs etc).
I've used graphtech saddles to replace some on an old F-100 but I had to file the sides of each one as they are a little wider than the original ones.

Good Luck.

Re: F100 bridge repair

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Elwood.
I was wandering to order an original set to G&L directly or somewhere else. My guitar shop guy have already worked them but they're really really weared so I wanted to change them. I'll try to see if I can fit something not-original. Thanks for suggestion
Ciao
Enrico