Purple Sparkle Rampage or Superhawk ?

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:08 am

Ive heard that the super strats were made with the purple sparkle finish late in their runs, I was just wondering if anyone had pics of these elusive beasts ?

Thanks
-JT

Re: Purple Sparkle Rampage or Superhawk ?

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:22 am

sscandyman wrote:Ive heard that the super strats were made with the purple sparkle finish late in their runs, I was just wondering if anyone had pics of these elusive beasts ?

Thanks
-JT

I searched our G&L Registry for Sparkle Purple and did not find any Rampages and Superhawks registered in that finish.

There is a 1988 Interceptor Bass (B019400) with this finish and this note in the Other Features:
Experimental model in "lively purple" . Leo didn't like the color so it was not ad to the catalog.This was also a car color called Plum Crazy used on Mopar cars

Here is a page from the January 1,1988 Dealer Pricelist showing "Purple" as an available color:

Purple was dropped from the July 1, 1990 Dealer Pricelist, see: Suggested Retail Price List - July 1, 1990.

After production stopped on the Rampage and Superhawk, Sparkle Purple is listed in the G&L 1992-93 Catalog Page 1:

Hopefully, someone here can post photos of either of these models in Sparkle Purple. :searching:

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am

thanks Craig , could have swore this was a standard color late in the game ...... but my memory isnt a terribly reliable entity nowadays lol

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 am

Luckily for all of us, Craig's memory is ultra reliable :)

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 pm

I own a Skyhawk in the "regular" purple, and it's beautiful. Pictures in the Gallery.

Recently, an SC-3 in that color appeared for sale on Reverb.

One of our members (might be BVestal?) has a Comanche V that might be that sparkle purple color. Gorgeous guitar!

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:46 pm

tomanche wrote:
One of our members (might be BVestal?) has a Comanche V that might be that sparkle purple color. Gorgeous guitar!

While it is listed in the G&L Registry as "Sparkle Purple" it is a one-off color called "Pearl Purple". From his Ad in the Marketplace:

NOS Comanche V with interceptor body in custom one-off pearl purple which changes color in the light.

It is a cool color but definitely not "Sparkle Purple".

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Hadn't been on the forum in a long while and opened this post first.

That pearl purple Comanche was "The One" I let get away for sure. Unreal sounding and playing guitar.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:13 am

It's certainly a looker !

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 am

verybestal wrote:Hadn't been on the forum in a long while and opened this post first.

That pearl purple Comanche was "The One" I let get away for sure. Unreal sounding and playing guitar.

So you sold it? It's still registered to you as owner in the G&L Registry and your Ad is still in the Marketplace.

Let me know.

Thanks.