1986 Yellow Invader

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:20 am

Greetingz. I own a 1986 yellow Invader with Leo trem. I believe it is one of 6 made. Last year i think 4 of these were accounted for. If so, has number 6 shown up? My Yellowbird is in vry good condition so it can be gigged with rather than be a closet queen. Should I sell it? Only been gigged 5 times last 25 years.

Re: 1986 Yellow Invader

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:03 am

thomzworld wrote:Greetingz. I own a 1986 yellow Invader with Leo trem. I believe it is one of 6 made. Last year i think 4 of these were accounted for. If so, has number 6 shown up? My Yellowbird is in vry good condition so it can be gigged with rather than be a closet queen. Should I sell it? Only been gigged 5 times last 25 years.

Whether you sell it or not, you're (far) more likely to get a very accurate indication of just how much you could expect to get for particular guitar in this forum. Tom (FZTNT) would probably be a great resource for that, or just for sourcing the other one.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 am

Should you sell it?

Of course you should sell it. That color is way too bright and that Leo guy didn't have a clue how to make a trem. Sell it and regain the ability to see the stars at night. This color creates light pollution.

I hope this helps,

y2kc

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:10 am

Hello. Is this guitar in the registry? As you may know, I have three of these and love them. We would love to see some pics no matter what you do with it. I personally would not sell it, but if you decide to, there would be a fairly large interest in it. However, be aware, it won't put your kids through college. What other G&L's do you have? I ask because that Invader is one hell of a guitar and G&L made similar guitars under different names, you will never get that guitar back again. So if you are not happy with the sound or feel, need the money or just have too many guitars, then sell it. Otherwise hang on to it and enjoy it like Leo intended. Let me know if you want to sell it though.

Tom

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Thom,

That is a great color. I have a sc-3 in that yellow and it is a beauty.
If you don't have to sell it, keep it and play the H-E double hockey sticks out of it. If you can post a photo I would like to see it. It is always cool to see an old G&L that has some miles on it.
I agree with Tom about these being good guitars. Once when I needed some cash, I sold an unplayed, N.O.S. example of this guitar (red) to friend in Japan.This guitar was still in it's original shipping box. That is one that got away that I wish I still had.

Keep it if you can,

y2kc

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:03 pm

It also has wilkinson rolling nut. Could this be a factory custom option? I'll post a photo soon. I'll also list some of some of my other stuff on my profile. Who was the biggest endorser that actually peeformed with one? Any pic's out there?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:09 pm

thomzworld wrote:Greetingz. I own a 1986 yellow Invader with Leo trem. I believe it is one of 6 made. Last year i think 4 of these were accounted for. If so, has number 6 shown up? My Yellowbird is in vry good condition so it can be gigged with rather than be a closet queen. Should I sell it? Only been gigged 5 times last 25 years.

Not sure were you got your information about the number made, as we have seven Invaders listed in our G&L Registry in Yellow with the Leo Fender Fine Tuner bridge:
Registered Invaders in Yellow finish.

If your's is not listed please do add it.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, too.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:13 pm

thomzworld wrote:It also has wilkinson rolling nut. Could this be a factory custom option? I'll post a photo soon. I'll also list some of some of my other stuff on my profile. Who was the biggest endorser that actually peeformed with one? Any pic's out there?

It could have been a standard option. We have the January 1, 1988 Price List which lists it. See: Album: January 1, 1988 Pricelist.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Wow! Thanks for the info. Good stuff. Those suggested prices and options are greater than I imagined. But.... the quality is there!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 am

Craig wrote:

Not sure were you got your information about the number made, as we have seven Invaders listed in our G&L Registry in Yellow with the Leo Fender Fine Tuner bridge:
Registered Invaders in Yellow finish.

If your's is not listed please do add it.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, too.

However, only six have the Pat. Pend. Bridge. I also believe however, that there were probably a few more made like this but not many. There also could be some mislabeled guitars in the registry that are indeed this same optioned guitar.

Tom