View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Sweet, Sweet NGD 

Post Sweet, Sweet NGD
Well, I finally found one that didn't get away. Why he is selling all his guitars, I do not know but I was the lucky one in this case.

It's a 1984 (body date) Interceptor. Check it out:

Image Image

Image Image

Complete with HG-2R mini humbuckers.

It clearly has the 1984 date stamp on the body and a 1991 date on the neck. Could be a warranty repair or somewhat of an employee guitar, but it's a legit Interceptor nonetheless.
Image Image

Happy, Happy day!!

Tom

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Post Re: Sweet, Sweet NGD
Wow - Seems to be in great shape. Always love the sickles...

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Congrats, a sweet guitar indeed !!

FZTNT wrote:
Why he is selling all his guitars

Who is this "He" that you refer to ?
:think:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 pm

That is a beauty! Congrats!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Elwood wrote:
Congrats, a sweet guitar indeed !!

FZTNT wrote:
Why he is selling all his guitars

Who is this "He" that you refer to ?
:think:

As far as the seller is concerned I would not divulge his identity unless I felt he would want me too. I can say most of the old time posters here know him or of him so maybe you can figure it out.He certainly has been a regular poster here, just not too much recently.

Tom

ps...he sold the remaining guitars in his collection (not too many) to one buyer, so they are all gone. I just got lucky before this other guy made him an offer on the rest of his guitars.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Great looking example. Congrats...

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 pm
Profile WWW

Righteous!!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Congrats Tom! Great score! :happy0065: :happy0065: :happy0065:

- Jos

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

from Ferris Beuller:
Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeeaaaaahhhhh!
space age! and sickle headstock, angled mini-mfd 'buckers, so cool
nice find Tom

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey Tom,

Timing is everything for sure!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Nice !!! It's so 80's ! :mrgreen:
You make us dream, out of curiosity, how many G&L do you have now ? :roll:

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 am

Matdeflo wrote:
Nice !!! It's so 80's ! :mrgreen:
You make us dream, out of curiosity, how many G&L do you have now ? :roll:

Too many. Need to thin the heard perhaps. I would like to take them all out one day and photograph them as a group but it would take a lot of work and I only have three stands. With the acquisition of this Interceptor I have pretty much achieved my goal of the models I want for my collection. However there might be some special interest guitars I would buy if the opportunity came up. You know, like a Lacewood Comm or the like. Of course I still want a first series X-Body Interceptor with the three Skyhawk pickups, and a Comanche VI. But, other than incredible deals I am going to turn down the GAS for a while. You may also notice my Avatar is now triplets. I do love that color yellow.

Tom

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

Tom.

You're avatar. So perfect.

You're my inspiration when I think I have too many guitars. ;) But I don't have any twins, and certainly no triplets. Clearly, I have room to grow.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 am
Profile WWW

DanDoulogos wrote:
Tom.

You're my inspiration when I think I have too many guitars. ;) But I don't have any twins, and certainly no triplets. Clearly, I have room to grow.

Dan, I have had the two Invaders for some time now. There had been another one in better shape than either of mine, although they are in very good condition, on Reverb for the last few years. I know the guy who was selling it and he would never budge on a rather outrageous price he had set for it. He dropped the price by 500 bucks last year but that was still too much. I poked him every few months with an offer that I could live with and recently he finally caved and sold it for much less than originally posted. So, I got lucky and now have triplets. One '87 and two '88s. I am aware of no more than seven of these guitars with these color and options. The seller of my recent one has access to "The Sales Log" and claimed only four were made like this but I have seen five and I think there are a couple in the registry that I don't know the owner.

They are so cool, when aligned just right, I can communicate with aliens at night.

Jos is my inspiration for G&L collecting but I will never get anywhere near to his amazing collection. But I do at least have a couple guitars that he does not have.

Tom

Tom

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 am

FZTNT wrote:
Jos is my inspiration for G&L collecting but I will never get anywhere near to his amazing collection. But I do at least have a couple guitars that he does not have.

Well Tom. that goes without saying. Because if I had these guitars you refer to, they by definition would not be owned ny you! ;-)

- Jos

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 am
Profile WWW

Hey Tom,

Another thought. Just by looking at the headstock, you'd know the neck is post-1988 because it has the sleeker Ray Ransdell redesigned sickle shape (see this write-up on the history of the Interceptor). And the body is pre-1986 given the (little) amount of wood behind the bridge which had a tendency to start cracking.

So enjoy but be careful ;-)

- Jos

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 am
Profile WWW

That is an awesome guitar, nice catch. Would be awesome to hear some sound samples from it!

http://thekickups.bandcamp.com

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:47 am
Profile WWW

FZTNT wrote:
DanDoulogos wrote:
Tom.

Dan, I have had the two Invaders for some time now. There had been another one in better shape than either of mine, although they are in very good condition, on Reverb for the last few years. I know the guy who was selling it and he would never budge on a rather outrageous price he had set for it. He dropped the price by 500 bucks last year but that was still too much. I poked him every few months with an offer that I could live with and recently he finally caved and sold it for much less than originally posted. So, I got lucky and now have triplets. One '87 and two '88s. I am aware of no more than seven of these guitars with these color and options. The seller of my recent one has access to "The Sales Log" and claimed only four were made like this but I have seen five and I think there are a couple in the registry that I don't know the owner.

They are so cool, when aligned just right, I can communicate with aliens at night.

Tom

Tom

Ha! you're the guy that got that long-standing Invader!? :mrgreen: i am one of the other owners of the Yellow FTDF Vibrato Invaders. The dude that was selling that WAY overpriced yellow Invader is also the same guy that sold me my yellow Invader back in 2015. Awesome guitar 8-)

Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Copper Coyote wrote:
FZTNT wrote:
DanDoulogos wrote:
Tom.

Tom

Tom

Ha! you're the guy that got that long-standing Invader!? :mrgreen: i am one of the other owners of the Yellow FTDF Vibrato Invaders. The dude that was selling that WAY overpriced yellow Invader is also the same guy that sold me my yellow Invader back in 2015. Awesome guitar 8-)

Hey Man, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you have been well and playing that awesome yellow guitar. If we got them all four together we could contact aliens for sure!! And yes, Mr. T had that one up for a couple years at an outrageous price. I have been talking back and forth with him for quite a while. He has been a valued resource on G&L's for me, but I kept digging away until he figured I would be a good person to sell that guitar to and we eventually made a deal we could both be happy with. I literally have been bugging him for years. It is in the best condition of the five I have seen and I think there are only two others out there but this one is practically mint, so I am happy to have it hangin' with the other two.

Good to hear from you...

Tom

Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]