Single Whammy Leo Fine Tuner Bridge

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 am

I came across this bridge just now and wonder how rare it is. Anyone seen one like this before? It is a Leo Fender (Patented presumably) Fine Tuner Bridge with only a single Whammy bar boss. I have never seen one that didn't have the normal two. It's on a '90 or '91 S-500. What do you think?

Tom

Re: Single Whammy Leo Fine Tuner Bridge

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm

IIRC, Elwood has a luscious black Comanche VI signature with that same bridge. I think that is the third version of the Leo Fender Fine Tuner Bridge.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Good memory Tomanche :)

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:41 pm

Greg Gagliano has a page on his website on the 3 different types. Although I do not know what the ratio is between the 3 generations, that 3rd generation Leo Fender Vibrato (LFV) is quiet common. For me it breaks down as my 1987 instruments (2) having the 1st generation Pat. Pend. LFV, 1988 (1) having the 2nd generation, and 1990 and later (3) having the 3rd generation. Number of instruments in sample in parens. See also this page on some dude's website.

- Jos

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Elwood wrote:Good memory Tomanche :)

Elwood, what year is that Comanche? 1991? Must be close judging by the Leo Fender signature. This is one of the Comanches I desire. Do you still have it?

Tom

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:04 pm

I think it's a '90. I haven't checked it against the log.

I'll admit I sometimes pine for Jos' Comanche Vl (natural and black crinkle plates).
:mrgreen:

Good luck on your search, they surface from time to time.

Elwood