Various Yellows

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:35 pm

So back in the 80's they made some different shades of yellow with different names. Lemon Yellow, Yellow , Yellow Fever, Lemon Drop, Candy Lemon, Vintage lemon and so on. Some are the same as others, not sure why but that is how they are listed in the registry.

Is it possible to find an example of all these yellows to see the differences? I thought my Invaders (in my avatar) are Yellow Fever but apparently Craig switched them to simply Yellow. I would assume that this is because that color was not available in the 80's but not sure, he gave no explanation.

So, please post your yellow guitars and let's see if we can get an example of each. Please post pics and what color you believe it to be and how you became to know what the color is.

Thanks for your support,

Tom

Re: Various Yellows

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 pm

FZTNT wrote:So back in the 80's they made some different shades of yellow with different names. Lemon Yellow, Yellow , Yellow Fever, Lemon Drop, Candy Lemon, Vintage lemon and so on. Some are the same as others, not sure why but that is how they are listed in the registry.

Is it possible to find an example of all these yellows to see the differences? I thought my Invaders (in my avatar) are Yellow Fever but apparently Craig switched them to simply Yellow. I would assume that this is because that color was not available in the 80's but not sure, he gave no explanation.

So, please post your yellow guitars and let's see if we can get an example of each. Please post pics and what color you believe it to be and how you became to know what the color is.

Thanks for your support,

Tom

From 1984-1989 the name of the color was "Yellow".
The color "Yellow Fever" did not come out until 2010 and was discontinued as of 5/10/2016.
Lemon Yellow (aka Candy Lemon) was a Metallic color. We have one example of this color on an F-100, in "Candy Lemon" see the Gallery.
Lemon Drop (aka Vintage Lemon) is a Transparent color and it came out in 2009 and is still available.
One color you missed mentioning is "Dakota Yellow" which was a Detroit Muscle Series: SS Collection color available in 2014-2015.

Reference info can be found in the Gallery=>Album: Ad Slicks and Memorabilia and Album: Instruments.
Also you could have also searched the G&L Registry for both Invader model and the various yellow names.

For example in the Ad Slicks and Memorabilia:

I do my research and make the appropriate changes when I find errors in the Registry entries. If I had any question about the possibility
that it could have been "Yellow Fever", I would have emailed you about it. Also, if you are not sure about which name to use, you could have
contacted me before adding them to the Registry.

Hope this helps.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks for the explanation Craig. I am not interested in the Detroit series as I mostly look for Leo era guitars. The simple term "Yellow" seems too simple and boring to me for what an amazing color it is. For some reason when I went to register my new Yellow guitar I found Yellow Fever and figured that would have been the name back in the 80's and actually changed my other two to Yellow Fever.

All the price sheets in the world still don't give an example of what the colors actually look like. That is why I wanted to ask folks to post pics of any yellow versions they have for a visual comparison, rather than a written comparison on a price sheet. So please, still go ahead and post pics of yellow guitars. It would be nice to have a page dedicated to showcasing the different colors over the years and guitar variations. Just like it would be nice to be able to add a link in the registry entry to photos of that particular from the gallery if someone would want to do so. I always wonder what some of the guitars in the registry actually look like in addition to the description.

Tom

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 pm

FZTNT wrote:Thanks for the explanation Craig. I am not interested in the Detroit series as I mostly look for Leo era guitars. The simple term "Yellow" seems too simple and boring to me for what an amazing color it is. For some reason when I went to register my new Yellow guitar I found Yellow Fever and figured that would have been the name back in the 80's and actually changed my other two to Yellow Fever.

All the price sheets in the world still don't give an example of what the colors actually look like. That is why I wanted to ask folks to post pics of any yellow versions they have for a visual comparison, rather than a written comparison on a price sheet. So please, still go ahead and post pics of yellow guitars. It would be nice to have a page dedicated to showcasing the different colors over the years and guitar variations. Just like it would be nice to be able to add a link in the registry entry to photos of that particular from the gallery if someone would want to do so. I always wonder what some of the guitars in the registry actually look like in addition to the description.

Tom

It seemed like a had answered this question before and sure enough, here is your post back in June 2016: Twin Invaders from Yellow World and my reply post to it.

Hope this helps this time. ;)

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Craig wrote:
FZTNT wrote:Thanks for the explanation Craig. I am not interested in the Detroit series as I mostly look for Leo era guitars. The simple term "Yellow" seems too simple and boring to me for what an amazing color it is. For some reason when I went to register my new Yellow guitar I found Yellow Fever and figured that would have been the name back in the 80's and actually changed my other two to Yellow Fever.

Tom

It seemed like a had answered this question before and sure enough, here is your post back in June 2016: Twin Invaders from Yellow World and my reply post to it.

Hope this helps this time. ;)

Well, it was a year and a half ago and I am senile so...besides, I never really got any posts from other members showing examples. I too thought I had brought up this topic in the past , but like I said, it never got any traction and having picked up yet another yellow guitar, and with you changing my registry entries, I thought I would try again.

It really would be nice to have a database of the G&L colors, on actual guitars to use as reference. As you know, there are quite a lot of different colors over the years with similar names. Black is pretty much a no brainer but others are more subtle in their differences. One can look through the galleries but the colors are not often listed with the pictures.

Tom