My SC-1s

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am

Thought you guys would appreciate my pair of SC-1s, an '82 (right) and an '83 (left): http://imgur.com/a/kTJMl (i'm having trouble embedding the photo for some reason, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

I've been gigging with these guitars - one in E standard, one in Eb - and they are really fantastic!

The '83 plays slightly better for reasons I haven't quite hit on yet, but it's easily a pound heavier than the '82, so the '82 is my main gigging guitar. It is just SO light and easy to play! I have it set up with 11's and it just rips.

The two guitars sound absolutely identical, as you might expect. Both are 100% stock.

I was considering having a more powerful custom pickup made by Tim McNelly - an MFD-sized humbucker - but I really do like the sound of the pickup when everything's clicking. I'm trying to instead make adjustments to my rig to compensate for an occasionally-anemic clean tone.

Re: My SC-1s

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Wow, that's a sharp pair of SC-1s! They look great. :elguitar054: :sign0011:

Cheers, Dan

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Nice stuff indeed!!

- Jos

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 pm

before you swap out pickups, try adjusting the pole pieces underneath the strings you feel aren't sounding loud enough clean. That is how they are designed. Share your results please!

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:37 am

They are fantastic! I would leave the pickups in there and keep them original.

just my 2 cents,

y2kc

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:17 am

Thanks guys! I will try and tweaking the pickup height and polepieces before tomorrow's gig.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Leo lumber for the win! Nice.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Gorgeous guitars...

I think you can swap the pup as much as you want... as long as you keep the original one... personally, I'll give a try to the big MFD they placed in the last SC2 run... they're hotter (especially the bridge one) and nothing anemic...

Edit : first experimenting with the pole piece is of course the best advice so far! ^^