One of Dale's Broadcaster on the market

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:05 am

Saw this on Reverb this morning:
https://reverb.com/item/4766903-g-l-broadcaster

For $120k! :shock:

Then I though it was an April Fool's joke, but no. It was posted yesterday.

Gulp!

- Jos

Re: One of Dale's Broadcaster on the market

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:46 am

Zoicks! Of interest is the letter (partly visible in one photo), apparently from Dale Hyatt's son, that offers another perspective/more information about any production of fake Broadcasters and that the original Broadcaster logbook that Dale Hyatt left at the factory had disappeared from G&L. This is germane to the discussion in another thread here about whether there are fake Broadcasters, the logbook whereabouts, etc.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:30 am

He is also selling Dale Hyatt"s ASAT Classic for $57K.

https://reverb.com/item/1953765-g-l-asat-classic-w-signature-1987-natural

Both are legit...price...idunno.

Tom

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:53 pm

OK, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...April Fools!!

Just spoke to the seller, a good guy all around. He said he saw another Dale guitar on there for like $90K so he thought he would throw these up there and see what response he gets. They will both probably be taken down tomorrow but don't say you heard it here...

I have not seen this other Dale guitar but will look for it shortly. He is not necessarily wanting to sell either guitars at this time unless he generates some serious interest from these ads. If you want Dale's #02 Broadcaster for $20K he would maybe take it. Let me know, I'll hook you up.

Tom

Edit: I believe the guitar this seller refers to is the S-300 that forum member Thumbs has up on Reverb for $82K. It's a cool guitar but...

The two in the registry have unusually high serial numbers for 1982 guitars. Looks like an S-500 with a preamp.

Jos, what info do you have on this model. Or anyone else that would like to chime in...(hijack unintentional)

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:23 pm

FZTNT wrote:OK, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...April Fools!!

LOL ...that's a good one :lolno:

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:31 am

FZTNT wrote:Jos, what info do you have on this model. Or anyone else that would like to chime in...(hijack unintentional)

Not much Tom. It is one of these pre S-500/Nighthawk/SC-3 kinda guitars. And given the square corners on the pups mostly a pre-S-500. But thats about it.

- Jos