G-200 On Ebay

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:45 am

Anybody 'round here pick up that G-200 from Ebay last night? A bit too much for me but it's not like you see them everyday. Funny thing is, it looks like it was sold by a pawn shop in Colorado Springs.

Tom

Re: G-200 On Ebay

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 am

Howdy Tom,

With all the bids staying so ridiculously low (it is still my cheapest G-200), I couldn't help myself. So you will find it soon on my website. ;-)

- Jos

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:03 am

Congratulations man , I love the G&L's staying together and close to the G&L family
Out of interest and you don't have to answer but how much is a G-200 worth nowadays
Thanks
Anthony

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:16 am

sweet and congrats !! ..... another fine instrument that went to the right guy

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 am

Congrats Jos! :happy0065:

Glad to see this one stayed in the family. I was tempted due the price, but gotta stay with my ASAT mantra. ;)

Will look for it on your page.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:24 am

LeoFThe Champion wrote:Congratulations man , I love the G&L's staying together and close to the G&L family
Out of interest and you don't have to answer but how much is a G-200 worth nowadays
Thanks
Anthony

Anthony, no secrets here. I paid $1,876 including S/H for this one. As you know there are 2 versions of the G-200: the one with all controls on a cloud shaped control panel and one with rear-mounted controls (of which this guitar is an example). I have 2 sources available for pricing. The 2017 Vntage Guitar Price Guide makes no distinction between the 2 and lists a price range of $1,850 to $2,300 for a G-200 in excellent condition. For the same condition, the Bluebook lists a range of $2,250 to $2,500 for the control panel version and $4,000 to $,5000 for the rear-mounted version. You see there is quite a difference between the 2 sources! But overall, it pretty much describes the range fairly accurately. All my 3 G-200s were had for less than $2,300, but the pristine one with striped ebony board and flame maple neck Josey Wales sold on the higher end of the range. As is should, it is what the market can bear.

And Eric, Sam, thanks!

Hope the helps,

- Jos

[Edits] Some typos.
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am

Well, I am glad you got it. I would have gone if not for some financial woes I am currently in. I was hoping it would go for 1500 or so in which case I would have maybe gone for it. It's a bit scraped up but looks like a lot of that can be buffed out. I am surprised the seller didn't clean it up a bit before selling it, might have gotten a few hundred more. It is a rare rear mounted control version. In a way, I am surprised you bought it since you already have two and the one in such great condition. I was going to PM you about it but figured you would pass on it for those reasons. Ultimately I would like to get one with plain finish, no burst and RMC but they don't come around too often. Hope my finances are back in order in the next few months and I can get my foot back on the GAS peddle. Meanwhile it's only deals too good to pass up on.

Enjoy and definitely post some pics once you get it home and all cleaned up. Would love to see the neck and body dates and other markings.

Congrats!

Tom

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:34 am

Congrats Jos! I just got my first G-200 recently (natural satin with cloud control plate) and it sure is a nice guitar. Very easy to play, maybe because of the shorter scale. The RMC version reminds me of my Guild Bluesbird, although I know it is a different beast. Enjoy!