1987+/- SC-3 Restore - headstock logo needed

Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, but I've been snooping around for a while.

I'm redoing what I believe to be a 1987 SC-3. It was spray painted over the original pink finish; so it's time for an update. The problem is; while trying to remove the spray over finish, the "G&L... by Leo Fender" headstock logo was destroyed. Do any of you have a suggestion on where to get one made? I've been emailing print shops/sign shops; but so far no one wants to do it for such a small order. Any suggestions?

Re: 1987+/- SC-3 Restore - headstock logo needed

Wed May 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi. Welcome.
Don't know re getting one made. I suggest going on to eBay and contacting the user 'toomanyguitars" ) he has many current listings some which are genuine Leo-era decals.
I don't recall seeing the one you require tho you may want to contact him and ask him. He has had heaps of Leo-era stuff over the past few years and I've done business with him and he's a straight up guy.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
KF

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:23 am

Thank you Katefan. I found the seller you mentioned, but no luck with the logo. I've found a print shop who can reproduce the logo for me; but the images I've found online are too small/unclear to be reproduced exactly. They keep having problems wit the small text below the "SC-3" part of the logo. Would it be possible for anyone on this board to take a close up picture of theirs and email it to me or post it into this message thread? I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm nearly finished with the body, but can't clear coat until I can get the logo made.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:47 pm

I have an 87 SC-3. I'll try to dig it out later today and take a close up picture of the headstock logo with a ruler next to it.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Thank you Challenger! That would be extremely helpful!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 pm

You're welcome Rick… thought it was worth a shot.

Cheers,
KF

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Let me know if you need another shot or want the full sized image emailed. I couldn't figure out how to email an image from the email link. It appeared to be text only.

Chip

Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:38 pm

The small lettering should be fine so long as they are doing it right. The only art on that logo is the G&L part and Leo's signature. The rest are fonts and should be printed from fresh fonts, not an image. That will make them crisp.