Asat serial number beginning with 00

Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:02 am

Hi every one from Liverpool Yeah Yeah Yeah . I've just come across your site and thought I would try and date my Asat . I've been through all the serial number threads and have not come across any one starting with two 00 . The serial number on the 3 bolt neck plate is 0033328. It has a large dot on the Back of the head by the 6 string sperzel tuner it has a wood finish (sunburst) ? With maple neck. I have a few guitars - Gibson 339, Fender strat and a Takamine acoustic . Tha G&L is the one I use mostly the ease of playing and tone seems to suit me .Anyway any help on the history would be most helpful. The person I bought it off bought it in Nashville. Regards Phil

Re: Asat serial number beginning with 00

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:10 am

double check that the first letter is not a "G" ... i.e. G033328

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:02 am

Troutex wrote:Hi every one from Liverpool Yeah Yeah Yeah . I've just come across your site and thought I would try and date my Asat . I've been through all the serial number threads and have not come across any one starting with two 00 . The serial number on the 3 bolt neck plate is 0033328. It has a large dot on the Back of the head by the 6 string sperzel tuner it has a wood finish (sunburst) ? With maple neck. I have a few guitars - Gibson 339, Fender strat and a Takamine acoustic . Tha G&L is the one I use mostly the ease of playing and tone seems to suit me .Anyway any help on the history would be most helpful. The person I bought it off bought it in Nashville. Regards Phil

Welcome! :greet:

Please post some photos of your ASAT (which model is it?) and also add it to our G&L Registry.

As SouthpawGuy said, the serial number is G033328 but double check because the powdercoating tended to fill in the numbers making them
hard to read. You might try putting a piece of tracing paper over the serial number and rub a soft lead pencil across the full serial number to
get a tracing of the number on the paper.

:ugeek:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 am

Yep you are only right it's a G. G0333228 . This guitar can be seen on YouTube. Type in The cheap seats live on the Jonathon Ross show. I attended music college with the guitar player Regards Phil