# 3 from the storage vault…. Introducing -

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Black Betty

Just like the tune there aint much subtle about this Black Betty… only thing that comes to mind is the faint scent of tobacco smoke… Sure she spent some nights in some Honky Tonks...
All stock minus a refret (or 2?) She's a bit on the heavy side but she's resonant as - sustain for days… don't notice the weight factor so much b/c her neck feels so darn nice… and the way she sounds... first time I plugged her in got knocked out by tone of her MFD's - WOW. FWIW, they're cranked up as high as they will go.

She's another eBay find from a few years back. Don't recall where her previous owner lived but do know tho that her birth town resides closer to Bakersfield than Birmingham….still I would love to have seen some of the action she's seen.
Her and her kin are pretty rare seeing how they were only produced for about a year.

[youtube]ZbjyuDYtAtk[/youtube]

Black Betty had a child and as we know the rest is history…

Thanks Dale!

Cheers,
KF

Re: # 3 from the storage vault…. Introducing -

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 am

Whoa!
That's some honest chicken pickin wear. Someone must have shed a tear when they had to part with it.
We know it's in good hands again...a toast to keeping things that way for a loooong time. :cheers:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:33 am

OK this is enough. You live to far away to have massed this collection in any conventional manner. I ,for one,feel you have had help from aliens. I saw a show on tv last night that explained technology that has been given to us from visitors from distant planets. This never ending vault of G&L goodness is most likely a gift from these travelers. This is known as a vintage vortex.

This black sc-2 is as played as any I have seen. If that guitar could tell stories it would be awesome.

be careful,

y2kc

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:29 am

Love them early SCs! :luv:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:39 am

that thing is Bad Azz !!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:38 am

Wicked awesome .

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:26 am

Cheers guys - she sho is Fun… have never been let down by a roadworn G&L - that's always a good sign.

Hey Casey - Ha, I won't divulge but will say this… In Maori culture Aotearoa is linked to the Pleiades.

Also….
[youtube]KZFymsD8MQE[/youtube]

Cheers,
KF