1991 ASAT Comm COA Information

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:00 pm

A while back I saw an ASAT Comm with an odd COA that listed it as #189 0f 350 rather than the normal ### of 1000. I asked around and no one seemed to know what the deal was. Is it real or not, a re-issue perhaps. I called G&L and was told they did not re-issue COA's for this guitar.

Mystery solved. While looking on Reverb I found a listing for a Comm that comes with the following:

Just in case anyone comes across this question in the future. Now keep in mind that this was written in 1993 so I am not sure they still do this. But...do you really think a re-issued COA would enhance it's value as a collectible as stated? I think not.

Tom

Re: 1991 ASAT Comm COA Information

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Tom,

Thanks for finding and posting the letter and updated COA. I added them to the Gallery : Album: Ad Slicks and Memorabilia : Album: 1992 - 1993 Memorabilia.

I had heard about it many years but never have seen the letter until now. It's extra cool to also have a photo ot an updated COA, too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:ugeek:

Re: 1991 ASAT Comm COA Information

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Tom,

As explained on my web site even the 350/150 split might be optimistic. You could have found that letter there too ;-)

- Jos