Dale Hyatt's Log Book

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Who is it that has access to Dale Hyatt's log book? I am looking at two guitars that are being sold locally by persons that either claim to have been an employee of G&L or have been given the guitar by Dale. I called G&L and they could not find a record of either serial number. This might tell me that there is some legitimate provenance involved but I would think that Dale would have recorded something regardless. I'm not sure how it works but I would like to verify these issues and was hoping G&L could help but now I turn to this forum for answers...please help.

Thanks...Tom

Re: Dale Hyatt's Log Book

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:11 pm

I know that guy.
Whats the serial numbers?

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 am

The first one is G020487

The second serial number is CLF10158. This one is likely to new to be in Dale's book but maybe you know stuff others do not.

Thanks for the help...are you the guy with the book?

Tom

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:47 am

FZTNT wrote:The first one is G020487

The second serial number is CLF10158. This one is likely to new to be in Dale's book but maybe you know stuff others do not.

Tom

Hi Tom. I don't know why G&L doesn't have a record on CL010158. That is well past Dale Hyatts tenure at G&L.

G020487 is a yellow Invader with a build date of 6-2-87, #3 ebony neck, and a CLF vibrato.
Dale Hyatt always kept immaculate records of the guitars built while he was there.
Great guitar. Had one just like it.

Best Regards
HLG

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks much, maybe I got the one guy ever at G&L that doesn't like to help with these things?

The yellow guitar is real sweet, yes. Not sure exactly what they call the color but it's bright yellow. I should check around to see if there is a color chart from back then.

The other one is from 2004 so they should have a record...

Tom

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:49 pm

FZTNT wrote: Not sure exactly what they call the color but it's bright yellow.

That's often called Screaming Yellow :banana:
Though I'm not sure if the factory ever put that in print.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:22 pm

HLG wrote:
FZTNT wrote:The first one is G020487

Tom

Hi Tom. I don't know why G&L doesn't have a record on CL010158. That is well past Dale Hyatts tenure at G&L.

G020487 is a yellow Invader with a build date of 6-2-87, #3 ebony neck, and a CLF vibrato.
Dale Hyatt always kept immaculate records of the guitars built while he was there.
Great guitar. Had one just like it.

Best Regards
HLG

Hey HLG,
Again, thanks for all the great information you provide to all the G&L fans and people doing research prior to buying these fine guitars.
I have another request, if you don't mind, on an old G&L I am looking at. The serial number is G003601. I am mostly interested to know the color. I think it's a legit guitar, just wondering if there has been any refinishing in the past. Any info you can provide would be most appreciated. I must say, I have serious GAS on these instruments and hope I can stop with this one as it would be an early pre-BBE (Leo era) to add to the two I have right now.

Thanks again, Tom