New G&L but...

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:01 pm

[code][/code]Hey guys, I just got a guitar I've been looking for for quite sometime, a broadcaster. I have to say I'm super excited. However, there is a problem. The truss rod seems to have been over tightened. The neck is currently really straight. I knew this going in to the purchase and got a really good price. Anyway, here's some pics. Let me know what you experts think

[img][IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/elguapo136/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskejrv0hr.jpg[/img][/

[img][IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/elguapo136/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1pdjoayz.jpg[/img][/img]

Re: New G&L but...

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Might the guitar discussed in this recent thread be the same Broadcaster? In any case, there is a lot of good stuff in these posts.

- Jos

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Congrats elguapo!

Jos has you on the right path. Love the Broadcaster, I have her maple necked twin as well. 8-)

Let us know how the truss rod works out.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 pm

BTW, here are your 2 pics inline:

elguapo136 wrote:Image

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 pm

wow that is the same one. However, after doing some looking, I'm not sure the truss rod nut is original. You guys think it could be a replacement? It looks completely different from the one on my 87 Skyhawk. Also, thanks for getting the pictures working. I was trying to do it from my phone and just gave up haha.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:07 pm

elguapo136 wrote:wow that is the same one. However, after doing some looking, I'm not sure the truss rod nut is original. You guys think it could be a replacement? It looks completely different from the one on my 87 Skyhawk. Also, thanks for getting the pictures working. I was trying to do it from my phone and just gave up haha.

From the other thread you know a couple of people have been looking at that truss rod. The one in your pick looks shinier than I would expect and given the previous, it very well may be a replacement.

- Jos