'80 G&L F100 SII Sunburst Guitar

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Hello. I would love to get all of your opinions on my G&L. Its a 1980 (i believe according to the serial no.) F100 Series II Sunburst and appears all original in like new unplayed condition. After listing it for sale I am now leaning towards keeping it knowing its a first run in unplayed condition. FYI the serial # is G003058. Pics of guitar below. Would love to hear your thoughts on rarity, value and whether I should part with it or not. Thank you so much guys (and gals)!

8-)
Last edited by louweed on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1980 G&L F100 SII Sunburst Guitar

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:33 pm

it's a beauty for sure , looks like mint condition .... value is hard to say , the market always seems soft on the F100's ...... from what I see on ebay I wouldn't be afraid to ask somewhere in the 1100.00 to 1300.00 range because of the condition , I doubt it would bring much or any more .... wether to sell or not to sell is up to you ....... there was a fellow looking at a F100 this past week here , he ended up passing on it .... so you might have a potential buyer on here in the classified aka Marketplace ..... Jos can probably give you a better idea on the value of your guitar or he will chime in and correct me if I'm way off

Re: 1980 G&L F100 SII Sunburst Guitar

Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:32 pm

louweed wrote:Would love to hear your thoughts on rarity, value and whether I should part with it or not.

Fumble fingers wrote:Jos can probably give you a better idea on the value of your guitar or he will chime in and correct me if I'm way off

Current values for a F-100 Series II in the Blue Book for Guitar Values is between $1,050 for one practically new, $850 when in Mint con edition, down to $425 when just in Good condition. The 2015 Vintage Guitar Price Guide lists this model between $875 up to $1,075 when in excellent condition; a little higher than the Blue Book but still lower than the price range you typically see on eBay. This models is not that rare and pops up frequently on either eBay or Reverb.

Should you part with it? I hope not, but that in the end is your call ;-)

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Re: '80 G&L F100 SII Sunburst Guitar

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:24 pm

What did you decide in regards to selling this beauty?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 am

Sir,

I have seen this guitar and it is a beauty. Like all "collectibles", G&L guitars are only original once.

This guitars mint condition makes it a keeper and if you can resist taking it apart, it will remain original. As far as value, this guitar deserves to be at the upper price point for this model. It is really clean.

Leave the screws alone,

y2kc

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:11 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:What did you decide in regards to selling this beauty?

this thing is dead mint so i'm leaning towards just hanging on to it but never hurts to make an offer...