Bought a F100 Series 1

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I am a new convert to G & L, and just bought a F110, Serial # G014961. It is in great condition, but has had some serious mods done to it. It had the original flier and sales tag in the case.

I will post some photos if someone can please show me how.

The changes:

1. Kahler flat mount trem installed
2. Locking nut installed
3. Additional pick guard added.
The modifications were done very well by a pro, the young man I bought it from said Gordon Hammon (Hammond?) was the luthier and the guy who sold it to him. It sounds great, I love it. The question becomes, should I put it back to original trem / condition? Are there original trems and nuts available?

I intend to stop with this one, since I just bought a G&L Legacy HB two weeks ago!!

love these guitars,

mark

Re: Bought a F100 Series 1

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Mark,

I am sorry, but 2 G&Ls is NO where near the minimum allotment. As you will soon discover.

Please list pix, and enter them in the registry :)

Later,

edg

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:06 pm

stratwinder wrote: I will post some photos if someone can please show me how.

See the Forum rules link near the top. Click the link and read the "Welcome, Read This First" post.
In it, you will find a link to the "Tutorial: Posting photos" post. That post will give you the details and
step by step instructions on posting photos on the forums.

Looking forward to seeing your F-100.

Welcome! :greet:

:ugeek:

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Did your F-100 originally have a vibrato, or was it a hard tail? Also, do you know how long ago it was modified? If the Kahler and pickguard have been on for a while, you might end up with a two-tone finish if you remove them.

Ken