SC-1 Club

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:24 am

Just curious as to how many folks affiliated with this board are SC-1 owners…

Should you have or had one in any incarnation - please post a pic or 2.

Here's a couple more shots of the one I currently own which is all original -

Here's one I had when I was living in So. Cal…

The body had been messed with pretty good by the time I got it and it didn't have the original MFD. The neck was pretty Rad tho. I since parted it out to a couple fellow GbL'ers.

Cheers,

KF

Re: SC-1 Club

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 am

Here's my pair. The second photo was taken by the previous owner:

As a rule I try to avoid having more than one of a single model in my collection, but these SC-1s are an exception I am glad to make.

Ken

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:06 am

sweet ..... bare bones is beautiful and SC1 are as bare boned as you can get ...... I would love to have one , or two Ken (lucky devil ), lol ...... the SC shape is my favorite to play , they are just so light and comfy it's hard to match with any other shape

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:53 am

I am pretty happy with the guitars I have right now. The SC-1 would be a consideration, but I have decided that a Leo SC-2 is the G&L I really want next. Sadly, both versions are next to impossible to find locally ( have not seen either in shops or CL ). It is a shame about the one you had to part out, man that thing was butchered :thumbdown:

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:02 am

Cheers guys. WOW Ken, that blue one is Stellar.

FF - I hear you, they really are. I like to how lively it is proly due to the maple body. I dig the old school nitro finish + the Kluson tuners which btw stay in tune incredibly well - they 'lock' into place once they're set so to speak. Was looking at a 50's tele in Tony Bacon's Ultimate Guitar book and gotta say the SC-1 with these appointments has the same kind of vibe.

glvourot - COol - yeah SC-2's are really great. I have a feeling you'll get a line on one in the not too distant future…

Cheers,

KF

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 am

KF,

Gladly oblige

- Jos

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 pm

This started its life as an SC-1

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:00 pm

I always wanted one.
I think the ones with a vibrato are extra cool, but i would take any of them. The SC-1 is a quintessential guitar, IMHO.

i missed one by that much!

Great pictures.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:31 pm

You guys are killing me with theses sc-1's. Great guitars and I am missing that red one that Ken has. Super cool Leo Fender creations.

y2kc