LB100 Bass - recommended strings

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I have an original G&L LB100 bass that I need to re-string. Any recommendations on string size, length, brand, wind etc.?

Re: LB100 Bass - recommended strings

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 pm

cbustr wrote:I have an original G&L LB100 bass that I need to re-string. Any recommendations on string size, length, brand, wind etc.?

Since none of our member bass players don't seem to have any recommendations, you might check over at Ken Baker's bassesbyleo.com forum.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:04 am

I held off on commenting since I don't have any experience with the LB-100's pickup. In general, I stick with flats on most of my G&L basses. My preferences have evolved over the past couple of years, but right now my favorite set are Pyramid Golds. They have a very smooth feel, no finger noise or drag, and sound very clear and balanced across all four strings. The treble response in on the brighter side for flats, and the bass response is very full. They are a bit pricey, but one set should give many years of service.

If you search my old threads you should be able to find a bit of discussion about other sets I've used, and how they performed on different G&L basses.

Ken

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:17 am

I like GHS Boomers. Light gauge or medium light rounds will sound fantastic on a L-100 or any other G&L bass.

Your mileage may vary but I think that you will be happy if you try out a set. They are also very reasonably priced.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:28 pm

bassman wrote:I like GHS Boomers. Light gauge or medium light rounds will sound fantastic on a L-100 or any other G&L bass.

Your mileage may vary but I think that you will be happy if you try out a set. They are also very reasonably priced.

+1