G&L 1981 G-200 arrived this morning.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:45 am

I don't have time to play it today, I have to go to work soon. But, it looks fantastic. It doesn't look like its had much play time. I am going to put on some new strings and set it up. I'll let you know what I think this weekend.
Skyhawk

Re: G&L 1981 G-200 arrived this morning.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Looking forward to your review - and your photos ;+) Congrats! - ed

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:49 pm

I tried posting photos and can't seem to make it work. There was a place I had posted pics and you could look at them there but I can't remember the site..........I have changed computers last spring and haven't used the site. Actually my computer as of now is a laptop and any pics my wife has to put up and then send them to me, which is fine. Someone here had suggested the site to me.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:23 pm

I'll have what you're having :happy0065:

- ed

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:49 pm

No , you wouldn't want it.
skyhawk

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Forgive my eagerness to help ( a weakness ;) ),
I looked through your posts and found one where you posted some pics
from photobucket...
Is thiiiiis your card?

I also like SlickPic , it's a little faster than photobucket.
or....create an album in the GbL user gallery.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes, Photobucket was what I used. thanks !

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 pm

I use photobucket too, but can no longer figure out how to post a link to a slideshow. They changed something. Which would be fine, it it was underwear.

Then again, I am truly a moron! - ed

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Don't feel bad, Botophucket doesn't make life easier or computers seem fast, I can't tell you how many times
my 'puter has hung up on their pages. I think they're constantly changing things for the worse.

(Hey Ed, don't type in " G&L " and " ugly " at the google image search page)

with love 8-)
Elwood

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Elwood wrote:Don't feel bad, Botophucket doesn't make life easier or computers seem fast, I can't tell you how many times
my 'puter has hung up on their pages. I think they're constantly changing things for the worse.

(Hey Ed, don't type in " G&L " and " ugly " at the google image search page)

with love 8-)
Elwood

I did the search as you suggested (I think, lol!) and nothing came up. So there must not be any ugly G&Ls!

btw, I love you too! - ed

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:37 pm

It occurred to me that these days our search results might be slightly different with
cookies and marketing etc. ...I'll take a screenshot of what I got with those search terms.

Back to G-200 talk, is there a chance of seeing the electronics under the plate?
(Rumor is there was a fresh 100 dollar bill in the cavity when they left the factory, so... :mrgreen: )

If not I'll bug KenC again :greet:

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:13 pm

I don't know about the $100 bill but the guitar sounds great. There are a lot of tones to choose from and on this guitar I liked them all but favored a few more than others. I didn't get a chance to play much at all this weekend and I'll try to get some pics at some point. I really like the ease at bending strings on the G-200...........a very fun guitar to play.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Elwood wrote:It occurred to me that these days our search results might be slightly different with
cookies and marketing etc. ...I'll take a screenshot of what I got with those search terms.

Back to G-200 talk, is there a chance of seeing the electronics under the plate?
(Rumor is there was a fresh 100 dollar bill in the cavity when they left the factory, so... :mrgreen: )

If not I'll bug KenC again :greet:

Just so long as you look out for that shark!!!! - ed

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Skyhawk wrote:I don't know about the $100 bill but the guitar sounds great. There are a lot of tones to choose from and on this guitar I liked them all but favored a few more than others. I didn't get a chance to play much at all this weekend and I'll try to get some pics at some point. I really like the ease at bending strings on the G-200...........a very fun guitar to play.

Must

See

It. - ed