They found my lost my inbound Broadcaster.. PHEW!!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Found an Exceptionally Fine Broadcaster at Gruhn's Guitars. They shipped Monday by UPS 3-Day Select, to be delivered today. I am in Oregon. The UPS tracking info stated today: "In Transit-On Time"... seriously? Cuz' the last known location was Dallas, Texas yesterday.
So I called UPS..got some guy who gave me some cobbled up response, but assured me it was 'on the truck' for delivery. Okay. So, my regular UPS guy shows up with two packages...no guitar.
I call UPS back...got a young gal.. who said essentially "Hmmmmm....this is a problem. Last known location was Dallas, Tx" (Duh!).
Bottom Line: here is the new status on-line: "Pendleton, OR, United States 07/02/2015 6:59 P.M. We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation"

Makes me ill... a $20.00 cable arrives by UPS a day early... a Broadcaster is lost! :fighting0030:

Follow up edit: At the time, it was 'fear of the unknown'... I decided to edit the title because UPS jumped on it, and it only arrived a day late!
Last edited by Retired_Colonel on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: They lost my inbound Broadcaster.. are you kidding!?

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Hey Colonel,

Bummer news, try and keep the positive outlook and hope it shows up soon, or at least located tomorrow. Most important it makes it to you undamaged. UPS can be hit and miss. Keep us updated.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Good luck. I've had a few take very long stop-overs on the way to me. I was on the verge of panic when my G-200 finally showed up last fall (another UPS job). Hopefully it will show up soon.

Ken

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! The Gruhn shipping manager said that they have actually had more problems with other shippers... and I have always had good luck with UPS. Guess I was just too excited to receive the Broadcaster today... I have to believe they will find it...rather than some employee out gigging with it tonite..lol! Or....maybe returning it after the show.

-- Steve

Re: They lost my inbound Broadcaster.. are you kidding!? FO

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Okay...it appears my panic is over for the moment. It has been found in Portland, OR....will arrive a day late, but much better than my fears!! Will definitely check it out before signing for it!!
Thanks again, guys!!

-- Steve

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Wooohoo!!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 pm

LOL - "Hmmmmm....this is a problem." Not exactly what one wants to hear…

Glad you got it sorted and will have it soon as…. still tho, you know it don't exist til we all see it :)

Cheers,
KF

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 am

Katefan wrote:LOL - "Hmmmmm....this is a problem." Not exactly what one wants to hear…

Glad you got it sorted and will have it soon as…. still tho, you know it don't exist til we all see it :)

Cheers,
KF

Hey, KF!! I am overdue posting a NGD thread...will post with the G200 and now (hopefully) the Broadcaster!!
Hope all is well in beautiful NZ!!

--Steve

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 am

logical_proof wrote:Wooohoo!!

Exactly my thoughts!! Thanks!! --Steve

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:49 am

Happy to hear it seems it'll turn out well. Have fun with her this weekend Steve!

- Jos

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:56 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Happy to hear it seems it'll turn out well. Have fun with her this weekend Steve!

- Jos

Thanks, Jos!! Only about 78 more and I will be up with you...lol! Enjoy the 4th over there; hotter than hell over here on the east side!! Seem to break a record every day for over a week, now.

--Steve

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Steve,

Great news so far. Send confirmation and pics when it arrives.

That brown truck can be a mystery and a lot of anticipation, let us know.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:43 am

Sweet as Steve - Look forward to it. Yes, things are good here. Stay Cool & Happy 4th!
Cheers,
KF

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Okay, here she (BC00659) is with her new brother, the G200 (G009646). Really quite a gorgeous example and I feel fortunate to own her...and the G200 of course. Will also post an appropriate NG(s)D in the forum.
I did find one interesting piece of ironic trivia related to the Broadcaster. I noticed on the case (see pic), that it had apparently begun its retail life at 'McCord Music' in Dallas, Texas. For fun, I googled it. I learned from the book "Fender: The Sound Heard Round the World", that McCord Music was founded in 1947 by J. Fred McCord...at the prompting and cajoling by Fender's first travelling salesman Charlie Hayes who needed a dealer in the Southwest. McCord Music eventually became the most important Fender dealer in the Southwest...it also acted as a Fender warehousing function, shipping guitars out to other new Fender dealerships.
I found it only appropriate and ironic that this G&L Broadcaster should start its journey from one of the first dealers to launch Leo's line of guitars!!

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Beautiful looks! And what a pair!

- Jos

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:02 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Beautiful looks! And what a pair!

- Jos

Thanks, Jos!! Coming from you is quite a complement!!