Legacy Trem Details

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:49 am

Just got a Legacy yesterday and really love the trem -- SMOOTH. Curious about the internals, though. Looks similar to a regular Fender system, except for the bar. What exactly holds that bar in place?

I'm familiar with other designs, and I have seen photos and diagrams on the internet (e.g., the Jaguar/Jazzmaster system). Can't find anything on the G&L, though, with any more detail than what I can see on the guitar itself.

Re: Legacy Trem Details

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Raffo wrote:Curious about the internals, though. Looks similar to a regular Fender system, except for the bar. What exactly holds that bar in place?

Hi Raffo,

In the sleeve you push the arm in, you'll find a small hex set screw on the side. This set screw pushes a nylon bushing, nothing more than a small plastic disk, agains the arm keeping it firmly in place. By setting the set screw, you can make the arm be as rigid as you want. See this entry for a Tension Screw Set in the G&L store.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Excellent; thanks!

Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 am

Raffo wrote:Just got a Legacy yesterday and really love the trem -- SMOOTH. Curious about the internals, though. Looks similar to a regular Fender system, except for the bar. What exactly holds that bar in place?

I'm familiar with other designs, and I have seen photos and diagrams on the internet (e.g., the Jaguar/Jazzmaster system). Can't find anything on the G&L, though, with any more detail than what I can see on the guitar itself.

See this page on the G&L main website (glguitars.com): The G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: