G&L / CLF / Leo Fender items on YouTube

Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 am

Hi guys,

We posted about this on facebook but I think the odds of someone here knowing something are better.

First, the video on YouTube:

Not sure I did that right, so here's a direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBzYOgvv0Ik

Recently a G&L enthusiast asked us about this video posted by someone who has a variety of items from our factory. We have tried a few times to contact the person via the email address fender.attic@yahoo.com shown at the end of the video, but no response has come. Some items, such as Leo Fender's checks, books and records, Leo kept in his lab and personal office and we are surprised to find are no longer here. Only a handful of people, both employees and non-employees, have had unsupervised access to Leo's lab and office since he passed away. While we would like to know the name(s) of the person or persons who removed the items, we are most interested in having the items returned to us.

A guy commented after about us having to beef up security, to which we replied:

It's possible that the person or persons may have been trusted and therefore been granted access. Some of the things are of the sort that might be socked away in our lofts for storage, and things selectively removed wouldn't be noticed until later. Some of the stuff may be much later, '90s or even '00s, and may not be valuable to anyone including us.

Now, it's not like all the good stuff has been removed from here, not even close. However, it's not a good feeling to see this. I'll bet Leo would not be amused.

Since we've not heard back from the person who posted the video, we suspect he/she knows something isn't right.

Thanks, guys.

Dave
Last edited by Craig on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin fixed video posting.

Re: G&L / CLF / Leo Fender items on YouTube

Thu May 28, 2015 1:59 pm

This stuff has been for sale for a while now. I have seen stuff like this for at least a year. This is just wrong.

Who the h-e double hockey sticks would want to buy that crap anyway? Either throw it away or lock it up tight. Leo would be disgusted.

Side note: Played a new Invader the other day, Leo would be happy.

y2kc

Sun May 31, 2015 12:21 pm

It would really be a shame if this is an active employee that you see every day.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I'd call the local authorities and see if they can track the bastards down...