G&L Broadcaster 1985

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 am

Hello,
I am joigning today, and I am much impressed by the site and quality information!
Being abroad, I would strongly appreciate your help with this one:
The little baby I am looking at, shows a stamp with number BC 00873, which I've found in the website list on line 245.
Completion date on the Guitar indicate Dec 16th 1985, but completion date on the site indicate Dec 19th 1985 but no body or neck date.
Here are all info on the attached pic
I've read there are false and I Wonder if you could help me on this..
Many Thanks !
[image]http://www.guitarselect.fr/online/templatemedia/all_lang/resources/g%2426l+broad+85+II+patch.jpg[/image]

Re: G&L Broadcaster 1985

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am

First, welcome to the forum. And what a nice first G&L to get! That is a beautiful Broadcaster.

Now about the dates:
The date in the Registry is more than likely the one in Dale Hyatt's sales log for this S/N. Many Broadcasters were added to the Registry using this log without knowing who owned the guitar let alone knowing the neck and body dates. I have added the body and neck dates to the Registry entry. Now you can add yourself as the owner (currently there is none) but you'd need to create a separate login for the Registry; the forum and Registry are 2 separate things.

Good luck and have fun playing that wonderful guitar!

- Jos

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 am

Welcome to Club Broadcaster !! .... what a great first G&L !! .... you went straight to the top

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you both of you for your reply!
Yes, I kind of "fall" for the beauty, but I know how I can be "soft heart" for guitars (and also for Ladies, but that"s another story :-) )
I was worry about all it is said about fakes...
I'll do as you say Jos, and will fill in the registry
Many Thanks
Jean-Pierre

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Jean-Pierre,

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice Broadcaster!

Ken

Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 am

Hey Ken,
Thank you for your welcome words!
JP