god put a smile upon your face (coldplay cover) asats, l2000

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 pm

[youtube]pepyeSs19kE[/youtube]

Made a click track in ableton using impulse.
I used an Sm7b(via a presonus tubepre ver 2) and Sm58 to mic my Larrivee DV-03e. Recorded two takes, and panned both mics on one, hard left, and the other right.

The one bass track was recorded directish, and tripled. I put slightly different 8 band eqs on two of the tracks, and left one alone, kept them all centered.

80% of the electric guitar tracks were recorded directish. Signal chain: Guitar, empress effects buffer+, empress effects compressor, eqd the depths optivibe, ocd clone, eqd cloven hoof, ethos overdrive preamp, two notes torpedo c.a.b.(very important!), redwitch empress chorus, empress effects vintage modified super delay, tc electronics flashback x4, tc hall of fame reverb, back to buffer+, into audio interface.
Used the HSS config asat in the video for about half of the tracking.
I used my Asat with Jumbo MFD's in the middle position, to record some volume swells, via my pedal board (torpedo c.a.b. bypassed), into a music man 112rp 100, mic'd with the smb7 and sm58. Then used the same set up with my Bluesboy in the neck position to overdub some fills.

When learning the bass line, it reminded me of dollars and cents, just a full step up. So I decided to through that in there as a bit of an easter egg for radiohead fans.

Re: god put a smile upon your face (coldplay cover) asats, l

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Very well done. The tones are almost spot on. Good job on the vocals too. Good to hear the the G&L's in action.

Re: god put a smile upon your face (coldplay cover) asats, l

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:16 pm

@glvourot
Thanks very much!