1983 superhawk

Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 am

Hi Guys
Could you comment on the cost of this Superhawk. It is negotiable but the start price seems quite high.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wagga-wa ... 1068103449
Cheers
Geoff

Re: 1983 superhawk

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 am

Has the addition of the second switch destroyed its collectable status do you think?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 am

That now makes me feel like I got an absolutely ridiculous deal on mine! And I can't fathom why someone would drill and install another toggle when you could easily just use a push pull.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Geoff,

That seems high for the condition/mod.

keep looking,

y2kc

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:37 pm

HI Guys,
Thanks for your replies. It is a shame that some people just dont think before they modify things. The pull switch would have been a far better idea as you suggested Shawn. It is out of my budget range y2kc, i will keep looking as you suggest.
Cheers
G

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Ok all bull aside, the '85 Superhawk I just bought was unsold hanging in a guitar shop since '85. It's as near mint as a 30 year old guitar can be. With a few very small chips where you can see it had other guitars nick it over the years, and some pick marks from the occasional test driver. It still had the Kahler set up pamphlet tied to the headstock! For 2 years now I asked the owner of the store how much, and he'd just say, " make an offer". I never made an offer. 2 weeks ago I asked him if he was ever just gonna give me a price and he said $799. I asked if he'd include tax and he said yes. I never even questioned the price. I was actually shocked. I'm not concerned with anyone knowing what I paid, cause this guitar will never leave me ever! I assume he made money on what he originally paid 30 years ago, I'm not sure how much it was new in '85, but if I had to guess it was under $700. I sold G&L's for a few years in the mid 90's so I Remember quite well what they cost then. I'm sure he did will with the 799 I paid, and I was thrilled to get a cherry condition all original Superhawk to love.