My NOS '85 Superhawk

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:48 pm

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh8/ustorque/imagejpg1.jpg[/img][/img]

[image]Image[/image]

[image]Image[/image]

Re: My NOS '85 Superhawk

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:40 am

Insane story! Great find Shawn - some guys have all the luck. Congrats! :clap:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 am

All I can say, is WOW. and Congrats, amazing!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:24 am

Thanks guys, in a guitar sense Id say this was probably the first "luck" I've ever had. Honestly I'd forgotten how nice these were. This will be one that never leaves my side!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Wow! :shocked003:

What an incredible find Shawn! Congratulations! Do they have anymore finds hanging around in that store? :happy0007:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't have enough time in a day to post all the amazing "never sold" gear in this guys store. No other G&L's, but an abundance of amazing Fender as well as all other brands. Here a a few shots from my last visit, I'd say this is about 20% of what's actually in the store.

[image]ImageImageImage[/URL[URL=http://s252.photobucket.com/user/ustorque/media/imagejpg12.jpg.html]ImageImageImage[/image]

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:55 pm

That's quite a selection!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Shawn. Beautiful NOS Superhawk. What luck to find something like that. I was fortunate a while back to find an 88 Fender Tanqueray Strat that was unplayed with original strings. Sometimes we get lucky. I wouldn't part with it if I were you either. -- Darwin

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Great find and welcome. Great color.

I would like to know what that Heritage model is in one of your photos. It has bound headstock. Hmmm.

Y2kc

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 am

Funny you mention that heritage, when I was in there the other day picking up the G&L I noticed an entire rack of roughly 8 fully bound heritage LP's that I had never seen hidden under and behind a huge rack of records. I did what I could to get a look at them, they were all NOS, and all USA made. No price tags on any of them.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:00 am

O.K. Sir now you need to cough up the contact info on this guy. Behind a stack of records? Come on your killing me.

Seriously if you could pass this guy's name out I am sure he would dig the business.

I have been in stores like that a few times and it is always a trip to see what is hiding around the corner.

Take care,

y2kc

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:54 am

Man, I would have to bring a box of GAS-X with me before entering that store! :o What a cool find.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 am

Oh I am by no means keeping any secrets.

The name of the store is Scituate Music. It's located in Scituate, MA.

I personally have been going to the store for roughly 20 years. Many of the guitar is in the store have been there all of this time. New guitars do come in, In the inventory does change, but more certainly comes in then goes out. It's very congested and packed with guitars floor to ceiling. Generally when I go there I do not bring any of my children for the fear of something being knocked over. This is not a store full of low-end guitars. He does carryfew squires, but most of what is in the store is higher-end brand guitars.it's an amazing inventory of guitars. The owner is a take it or leave it kind a guy doesn't Porsche to make a sale. You'll give you the price if you'd like to buy it you're more than welcome to if not he's perfectly fine with it staying right where it is. Which leads me to believe the store is not his sourceof income. Now don't take that the wrong way, he is not a rip off artist or unfair,but he knows what he has and he knows what it's worth. I don't believe he does anything online as far as sales. I'm pretty sure this is just a walk in face-to-face guitar store. If any of you do attempt to contact the store the owners name is Jerry.he's kind of a dry no bull type of guy. Good luck if any of you look into the place, it truly

I'm actually kind of curious what some of you might think he wanted for my Superhawk? I'd say it's 9.5 out of 10 due to a couple lil chips but other than that perfect, never been owned by anyone since he took delivery of it in '85. What do you think his price was?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:06 am

And just cause I didn't put a full shot of her up here.........

[image]Image[/image]

She's so sweet, amazing player!