80's Blondes

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 am

I acquired my first G&L bass - an L5000. As a guitarist, I can attest that the string spacing on this bass is extremely comfortable and familiar to my hands. I finally got around to taking photos of my collection and these 2 were too hot not to share.

[image]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/brandonvestal/P1010591.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/brandonvestal/P1010590.jpg[/image]

Re: 80's Blondes

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 am

that neck is beautiful !! ..... it has aged perfect , nice score , sweet Comanche too

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 am

Those are beauties! I haven't had the chance to play either of those models yet. The L-5000 is on my GAS list, as it's one of the only Leo-era basses I haven't owned. There's one in particular that I'm hoping to tempt away from its current owner some day.

Do you sting your L5K with a low B or a high C?

Ken

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 am

Two Cool !!

I know what you are saying about the string spacing on the L-5000, I have mine tuned E-C, but a quick drop
from B to C and I can articulate some big low open voiced chords with fingering I'm used to. They sound amazing with that big Z-coil.

I gotta play mine more , I feel that someday it may be headed east :shh:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks, team...
I wish there more good pics of Leo-era goodness online. I think I've seen every pic there is to see, yet the registry shows so many rare beasts. Do they really exist, I wonder?

Ken, I tune mine normally, B-G. I really like the low notes on this bass. They have a lot of definition. BTW, I'm about to post a link (public service announcements) to a heck of a deal L5000.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:29 am

both of you guy's are going to give Ken a heart attack if you keep posting L5000's and good deal in the same sentence ...lol

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 am

Elwood wrote:I gotta play mine more , I feel that someday it may be headed east :shh:

Thanks for posting that. I was just about to get tempted by that sunburst L5K on Craigslist. I will just remind myself how much I prefer Belair Green to sunburst...

Ken

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 pm

verybestal wrote:I wish there more good pics of Leo-era goodness online. I think I've seen every pic there is to see, yet the registry shows so many rare beasts. Do they really exist, I wonder?

I'll be posting something big very soon. I'm having trouble getting pics to come out well under indoor lighting, but I'm close to success. This will be a big one with lots to drool over. I'm just not quite sure which aspect of my Leo-era obsessiveness to focus on.

Hopefully I can get something posted tonight after the kids go to bed. Otherwise, it may be a Lunch Report in the next couple of days.

Ken

Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Ken, that's music to my ears! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to those.

I'll be doing the same. I have taken some nice photos of what I've still got and will share them with the community soon.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Holly mackerel Brandon, that is quite the pair!! Yummies. :happy0065:

- Jos

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Yes indeed, they are lookers! -- Darwin