whats the story on this one ??

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 am

stumbled across this on epay , looks really nice , check out the lower photo's , this dude has some really rare G&L's based on my limited knowledge on Leo era guitars , Jos has a Lacewood like his

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151410561509?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Re: whats the story on this one ??

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Eric,

This one is in the Registry under S/N G026815 and owned by (old-)GbL member Asat Man. It is not the only Classic Sig with maple body, there are 14 in the Registry, but certainly the most beautiful. According to the text in the listing, all his other guitars (including the rather recent Phyllis "Blondie") are gone although Commemorative #113 is still registered with his name.

Don't know much more about it.

- Jos

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:39 am

I'd love to see the matching ASAT Bass he mentioned in the ad.

Ken

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:Hi Eric,

This one is in the Registry under S/N G026815 and owned by (old-)GbL member Asat Man. It is not the only Classic Sig with maple body, there are 14 in the Registry, but certainly the most beautiful. According to the text in the listing, all his other guitars (including the rather recent Phyllis "Blondie") are gone although Commemorative #113 is still registered with his name.

Don't know much more about it.

- Jos

This one was built by/for the late Gene Engelhardt on 5-8-90. I Know Gene and the current owner were friends. I don't know the details of the sale /purchase of the guitar.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:20 pm

KenC wrote:I'd love to see the matching ASAT Bass he mentioned in the ad.

Ken

+1 !!

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks guy's !! , I knew you would know ......