oh the humanity!

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:39 pm

https://providence.craigslist.org/msg/4644247848.html

Wow, this poor asat may never find a home and thus doomed to stay with the person that mutilated it. At least the price is reasonable ;)

-Dave

Re: oh the humanity!

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:55 pm

I'll pass on that one. :thumbdown:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:40 pm

First thing that comes to mind...

phpBB [video]

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Personally, I'd like to see the Yngwie Malmsteen strat version.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:25 am

Reasonable price? He wants $2k for that mess.

edg

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:37 pm

That's an atrocity. At least he isn't trying to pass it off as a G&L. I don't get the whole concept of assembling a guitar from spare parts being the same as "custom building", but that seems to be what a lot of people think these days.

Ken

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:16 pm

You guys made my night, between the Malmsteen strat and the Nancy Kerrigan video :happy0065:
Ed, the "reasonable price" comment was meant to be taken with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Much like a train wreck, I went back for a second look. It may not have been an asat Sig body afterall. Unless he somehow replaced the string ferrule block with individual ferrules and changed it to a 4 bolt neck (possible, I do see a hole below the current plate)

Ken, I agree, this is an extreme example but, I've noticed several "builders" selling custom guitars that are "all parts neck on mjt body with xyz pickups" etc. All they did was assemble the parts. Other than soldering, that boils down to a dozen or so screws.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:25 pm

The string ferrule issue is damn weird. I seriously doubt that it can be an Asat body; there's no Warmoth neck spec that would fit. No Fender-pattern would go on a G&L, and that's as close as Warmoth get.
And does CLF's signature decal actually look just like that? Doesn't quite seem right.
The bridge is on crooked, and the saddles and bridge are of two different string spacings. Who knows what other special features await the lucky owner's discovery...
I can't help thinking of the poor kid who will get burned over this pack of lies.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm guessing the body is G&L , since the third neck plate hole is showing.
The sig looks like a regular gold sparkle Leo sig. with more yellowing due to the addition clear coats over the
decoupage.
So...where are the other parts ??? ...what was the serial so we can update the registry?
...so many questions : )

If it's a 22 fret neck with the overhang, you can fill the overhang area to make a "F" style neck work.
Who knows what's going on with this guitar given the other "customizations" :?

No clue about the ferrules . Maybe it was a 2nd that some home took home and "finished" it on their own.
Just throwing darts in the dark.

elwood

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:49 pm

OK, so it's pretty awful for anyone other than a narcissistic Elvis impersonator, but you've got to give them credit for the graphics, the way they follow the contours and all. Maybe G&L should offer such a guitar, The Narcissist, where one can have their own picture used instead of some "old" rock-and-roll idol. After all, every guitar-slingin' narcissist has their own rock-and-roll idol. :luv: :shocked003:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:53 am

I was going to do that exact same thing except with smaller Elvy.

y2kc